Where to buy 18650 in Australia.

bryanjw

Newly Enlightened
Looking to buy 18650's in Australia. Does anyone have any local knowledge where. It seems the more reputable US sellers have a problem with international shipping. Realy i just need a couple quickly to get me through till i can organize some quality 18650's.

Does anyone anything about the packs made by tenergy they have one which consistes of 8x 18650 for 14.8v at 4400ma. I can get hold of one of these for AU$ 30.00 . My guess is the cells are unprotected as it would appear they have protection for the combined voltage of the pack.

More importantly does anyone know if the cells tenergy use will fit the body of a Dereelight DBS.
http://www.tenergybattery.com/index...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

balthazaar

Newly Enlightened
Bryan, just to put the International Shipping into context. I live in a remote small town in the North Island of New Zealand on a rural delivery route. The charger and batteries were in my mail box within seven days of sending off the pay pal. Cheers.

bryanjw

Newly Enlightened
Balthazaar
I know your right about the international shipping times. and i have overlooked the fact they could be purchased here on cpf. It's just that here in Perth in a city of 1.8Million ppl id of figured i would of been able to find a local seller, But then i remember Perth is suposedly the most isolated capital city in the world....:crackup:

KeeperSD

Enlightened
You will find a great range of cells and chargers that you might need from Glen at Quarterflash.com.au, drop him an email. Best thing about ordering from Glen is that you are ordering from an Aussie, prices are compareable to US prices and postage costs are reduced.

Norm

Retired Administrator
You will find a great range of cells and chargers that you might need from Glen at Quarterflash.com.au, drop him an email. Best thing about ordering from Glen is that you are ordering from an Aussie, prices are compareable to US prices and postage costs are reduced.

And Express post is cheap. I'm just assuming that there is post to the most isolated capital city in the world.... :) :)

balthazaar

Newly Enlightened
I certainly see your point and it's good to buy local where possible. Being a noob I didn't want to buy iffy batteries and damage or under power my new Dereelight so I bought them from a source that many of the guys on here recommend.:thumbsup:

KeeperSD

Enlightened
I certainly see your point and it's good to buy local where possible. Being a noob I didn't want to buy iffy batteries and damage or under power my new Dereelight so I bought them from a source that many of the guys on here recommend.:thumbsup:
Best thing about buying from Glen, is that whilst he is in Australia he offers two of the better quality and more highly recommended cells (AW and Wolf Eyes) here on CPF.

Last edited:

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are looking for some good quality protected 18650s that perform well even in high current draw incands, get these. They are protected from over charging/discharging AND also protected against short circuits.

However, DO NOT GET THESE, they are a waste of $$$.

Oh yes, the prices include international registered shipping.

bryanjw

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to everyone for their contributions.

Ordered the DBS on saturday night and it arrived today, Couldnt be happier with it. I also ordered a 11.1v 6600ma pack from an e-bayer which turned out to be 9x 2200ma unprotected 18650 Tenergy cells, Busted the pack apart and dropped one in the DBS and it's all good. The 9 cells cost AU$ 27.50 posted. Looks like i need to buy some more lights so the cells dont go to waste, Maybe this one for starters CL1H V3.0 3SD . And thanks to Alan at http://www.dereelight.com for beating my record for the fastest purchase to in my hand that i have ever had.:twothumbs

Cheers

Bryan......

Latest posts