HDS run time test 17670.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well seeing how every one with an hds probably has a 2X123 tube by now i figured id do a run time test with that tube with a 17670/1500 mah cell. Ill keep you posted.For this test I'm using a U60GT set on primary 10LM

Last edited:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am glad you are doing that as I plan to do it myself and would like to compare results. If you could run one with an HDS EDC U60 GT it would be great. Looking forward to your results.
:twothumbs

thermal guy

Flashaholic
We must be on the same wave length! that is the exact light I'm using Should of said that .

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well i had to start the test again! Something happened at 10LM with a stock 123 battery i should get about 8 Hrs With the 17670 i would expect 2-3 times the run but at 14 hrs or so i started to get a low battery blink.I might of not had it charged 100% I will keep you posted I'm just going to see how long it will go at 10LM not till totaly dead

DM51

Flashaholic
This test will not be good for your Li-Ion cell.

Voltage sag occurs with a normal load, and is typically 0.5V - 0.75V. When the load is removed, the voltage 'bounces back' up to a resting voltage.

What you are doing will take your protected cell right down to the low-voltage cut-off point, as you would expect, but the problem is that at 10 lm it is using very little power, so there will be no voltage sag to speak of.

The cell will therefore not rebound back up above 3.0V, which means it will have been badly over-discharged. Its cycle life will have been reduced, and you will have to be very careful when recharging it.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
This test will not be good for your Li-Ion cell.

Voltage sag occurs with a normal load, and is typically 0.5V - 0.75V. When the load is removed, the voltage 'bounces back' up to a resting voltage.

What you are doing will take your protected cell right down to the low-voltage cut-off point, as you would expect, but the problem is that at 10 lm it is using very little power, so there will be no voltage sag to speak of.

The cell will therefore not rebound back up above 3.0V, which means it will have been badly over-discharged. Its cycle life will have been reduced, and you will have to be very careful when recharging it.

I got a similar problem testing level 20 on a U60 my cell tested at 2.5v and the charger was going kakacoocoo with the cell. I did something dangerous. I charged 2 cells in parallel then when the cell hit 2.75 volts I put it alone. The HDS does protect the cells but the low voltage cut off is lower than more chargers.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
OK guys 18hrs later my hds stepped down a level.There is still enough juice to run the light at lower levels but i don't want to drain my cell all the way down.10 LM for 18 hrs and if i had to I'm sure it would keep putting out useful light for a lot longer Gotta love these things:twothumbs

DM51

Flashaholic
OK guys 18hrs later my hds stepped down a level.There is still enough juice to run the light at lower levels but i don't want to drain my cell all the way down.
What was the resting voltage of the cell when it stepped down from 10 lm? It would be useful to know.