How long to grieve for a missing L0D CE?

Dodge

Newly Enlightened
I've searched and searched, but can't find my L0D CE anywhere.

When is it time to give up and get a new one? It's been missing over a month. (But I know the moment I order a new one, it'll turn up!)

I've tried some cheaper and/or larger options, but nothing hits the spot quite like that pocket rocket.

What's the best version these days - the Rebel 80 or the Q4? Are they both known to work OK on 10440s?

Marduke

Flashaholic
What's the best version these days - the Rebel 80 or the Q4? Are they both known to work OK on 10440s?

The Q4 is brighter, and is safer (for the light) on 10440's. The lower Vf of the RB80 version makes it iffy on 10440's.

Comes in red, black, or olive.

bobby68

Newly Enlightened
I will say, buy a new L0D CE.

Even if your old one turns up, you can always use a L0D CE. Or give it to someone. They are not that expensive.

Even that I have the first L0D CE, I have just ordered another (Q4). The first live with my keys, and I want another to use for my shirtpocket at work.

I have tried a clip for my key-L0D CE, but I felt it was to long then, so I will just have another one, and in olive :)

You are gonna miss that light... Oh you already do :D

Last edited:

cv3po

Banned
I know where it is. In your car, between the driver's seat and console, down low next to the seat frame. Go look now.

DOH!

That's not even funny! You have no idea how many times I've lost lights and while calmly contemplating (panicking) the whereabouts of said lights, I remember that black hole in my car! For the original poster................I am truly sorry for your loss :(. IMHO, you've already waited long enough and it's now time to consider the replacement Q4. Trust me when I say that A: you will love the light and B: your lost CE will understand. Put yourself in it's place and I think you'd agree that it just wants you to be happy. Order a Q4 as soon as is humanly possible :grin2:

Illum

Flashaholic
I bought a used L0D-CE 7090 XR-E off BST and loves it...
forgot it somewhere, NO NOT THE CAR :D[but in a pant pocket...]
looked everywhere and didn't pay attention to whats clonking in the washer:shakehead
clonking continued in the tumble dry :ohgeez:
by the time mom spotted "another flashlight" from the dryer a L0D-CE Q4 has already been ordered:grin2:

I have the 7090 beside me in functioning condition....but the Q4 is currently MIA:(
Ill be doing laundry tomorrow:candle:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
theres no time to grieve. If you have the means, get a new one right away. If its out of your budget for the time being, then you grieve until you can get a new one...:)

also, cos as far as AAA lights go, this one isnt the most expensive..

Crenshaw

SafetyBob

Enlightened
As soon as you get done reading this order two and keep one on a shelf where everyone in the house knows it's location and the other in your pocket. Then you won't have to worry.

Bob E.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The Q4 is wonderful. It's very noticeably than the CE or the Rebel. I don't run the Rebel on 10440s but I run all my other LODs on 10440s. The P4 almost makes it into a new light all together. If you get one you might actually be happy about being forced into replacing it.

todo

Newly Enlightened
oh the greiving, yes I was greiving a few months ago as well. My 8 month old LODCE was gone, I imagined my trusty friend to be laying all alone in the woods, wet and cold never to be found again. It really was quite disturbing.lol

After a week I decided to get a new lod and put the loss behind me. Initually even the newer brighter lodq4 didn't quit have the same feel as my trusty old friend, but soon I came to love it as well.

Then it happened, while emptying the laundry bag I noticed a slight bulge in a seam of the bag. Somehow my old trusty lodce got lodged in a seam of the bag and was now found. It was almost silly how happy I was and promptly retired the new lodq4 to put my old friend back in service, in my shirt pocket again where it belongs.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
You grieve over a lost loved one, the destruction of an irreplaceable artifact, or a tragedy that occurred to others, but not over a flashlight... miss it, perhaps, but certainly don't grieve over it. It's just a little hunk o' metal that is easily replaced! I'll back up what others suggested--after searching in a few other places you haven't looked yet and still turn up nothing, just order another one. A Q4. And don't look back. If you do indeed find your original, you'll now have a backup. :D

Latest posts