Dazed and confused. Want a great light.

Patsplace

Newly Enlightened
Howdy folks,
As the title implies, I'm dazed and confused about which light to buy.
I'd like a belt carry isn't too huge or too small for my hands.

Hopefully will use rechargeables, be able to throw a light 100' or more, be able daze an attacker by the brightness of the light and would work well as a defence tool in my big hands. Dual ranges of use for battery economy sounds great as I don't need a flamethower for most uses.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Doesn't want much does he!!

Well the world of lights is neater'n sliced bread and I'm sure there's one out there that would do the trick.

I'm not a cop or in the military, so the fighting part is sort of a bonus, not a necessity.

First post on this site and I'm really impressed to put it mildly. Amazing amounts of great info.

Thanks,
Pat Powell River, BC.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I think that the NovaTac 120T is a great all around light provided that it isn't too short in overall length for you.

It runs on rechargeables, throws far for it's size (over 35 yards), has different pocket clip styles, has a wonderful user interface and strobe, is robust as heck.

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2766

Here is a higher quality lens and nicer bezel for it:

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3024
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2761

Here is a picture of my own light:

NovaTac004.jpg

NovaTac001.jpg

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
And if you want that Novatac in a bigger size just grab one of the 2 x CR123 tubes for it from Lighthound too - that will make it quite a bit longer and heftier as well as longer runtime. Take a look at some of the Surefire's also. The Defender 6P can take an LED drop in that has multi-levels and use rechargeables too. On the lower price range check www.dealextreme.com and you'll find lots of choices if you don't mind waiting a couple weeks. Otherwise Lighthound.com or batteryjunction.com are very quick to ship and good dealers. And :welcome:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
how big are your hands? :thinking:

haha, the L1D/L2D from fenix is an affordable, yet high quality and bright light, that will fit on a belt.

Crenshaw

Patsplace

Newly Enlightened
Howdy folks,
Thanks for all the prompt replys. Much appreciated.

I dashed off the original post on my way out the door and left out lots of info. Most of the lights I've been looking at have been in the $75 to $125 range, but I do like lites and might go higher.

My hands are 4 1/2" across the palms and I'd like a light that would extend 1/2" to 1" on either side. 75 to 100 lumens sounds about right (more is nice) and a low setting to conserve batteries for non-flame thrower needs would be nice.

I've been looking at the Dereelight CL1H, Fenix L2D CE, Fenix T1, LumaHunter Tactical 1 (Looks good), Regal Light WT1 (Nice) and I'm sure there's a ton of others out there, most of which seem to be heading in the LED direction.

Neat site. Not a ton of info....many, many tons of neat info.

Regrds,
Pat

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello there. Welcome to CPF. Take your time and look at the threads. There is alot of information, reviews on many current models. Hope you get what you are looking for......

SaVaGe

Enlightened
And if you want that Novatac in a bigger size just grab one of the 2 x CR123 tubes for it from Lighthound too - that will make it quite a bit longer and heftier as well as longer runtime. Take a look at some of the Surefire's also. The Defender 6P can take an LED drop in that has multi-levels and use rechargeables too. On the lower price range check www.dealextreme.com and you'll find lots of choices if you don't mind waiting a couple weeks. Otherwise Lighthound.com or batteryjunction.com are very quick to ship and good dealers. And :welcome:

do you know the part number for the Novatac 2x 123 tubes?? I've been looking for one for a long time. I know that theres one for HDS. would the HDS one work for the Novatac?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Dereelight CL1H would be a good choice(forward clicke, multimode, good size). It would be easily upgradeable when the newer LEDs come out and is also similar to the other lights on the list.

I'd also recommend getting 18650 Li-ion rechargeable batteries(and a charger) with the light. It would allow you to use the Digital
modules which are a bit brighter then the M modules. Output on high should be 170+ lumen

:welcome:

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I recently bought a Wolf Eyes Sniper with a two-level Q2 module from Pacific Tactical Solutions for about $59 plus shipping. I think it fits what you've described pretty closely. To get this sale price from Pacific Tactical, go to the CPF MarketPlace and find the sticky thread for discounts that's located in the Dealers Forum. Click on the link to set up your account with Mike and when you log on to the site your lower prices for the lights and choice of module show automatically.
I run mine with a protected 18650 rechargeable which I already had, but he sells the same light with the rechargeable pack too. Many of the other dealers also have good deals on protected 18650 batteries and chargers.
The light comes with two Panasonic CR123 batteries already installed. Just tighten the tailcap and use the forward clicky!
You will also need to order a holster. I already had one from the Wolf Eyes Defender that I bought from a CPF'er. That light also came from Pacific Tactical and I've been very satisfied with both of them.
If the Wolf Eyes is too big, he also sells the Fenix lights that have been mentioned. The NovaTac is a great light too, I just haven't bought one yet. Update: Ok, Ok.... So I bought a NovaTac too. :shrug:

Last edited:

litework

Newly Enlightened
In addition to the other great lights already mentioned, you should check out the Tiablo MA6. With the exception of my SF E1L, my MA6 gets carried around more than any other light I own, and has proven to be quite useful on my farm and work.

litework

Newly Enlightened
Got it narrowed down to the LumaPower M1. Will keep ya' posted.

Pat

You should take a look at the LumaPower M1 Special Edition. Batteryjunction has them. The Special Edition M1 seems pretty nice. It was on my short list before I purchased the Tiablo.