US made baby items

G1K

Newly Enlightened
My wife and I went to babies r us today to begin our search for a crib, playpen, changing table, stroller ad car seat. While looking for the counrty of origin on a car seat, an employee asked if I needed any help. I asked if he knew the coo, he said everything here is imported. He meant hencho in china. We did manage to find a few shirts that were made in shri lanka, but I'd say 99% of the items were china made.

The conerteble crib we liked was very expensive and extremely poor quality. The craftsmanship was horrible. We'll be spending our money on something that will last, but now the question is where?

Does anyone know where to find quality baby furniture? Not made in china?
Sorry for the rant..

I think I'm going to wind up building our stuff, at least I'll now it will be made well.

Oh, I also found out that Lowes imports maple venereed ply from china...

Ryan

tradderran

Newly Enlightened
Check second hand shops. We got a great Jenny Len crib for our grandchild for 35.00.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the plan from rockler and bought wood and made ours. Starting on the second one for our daughter now. So I know where mine was made, my back yard :)

G1K

Newly Enlightened
Eugene,
Do you have a picture of it? I have a Rockler just down the road.. thay may be the way I wind up going also.

Ryan