*Update* L1 willt eat rechargeable 123s QUEST fit

Whistler

Enlightened
The L1 is a great light. No doubt about that.
But my rechargeable 123's don't fit into the L1. Not the green Batteryworld batteries nor the Quest's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif.

For the US members who can buy SF 123's for a good price no problem. For the 'rest of the world' a disappointment (to me). I wonder if SF did this to prevent using the rechargeable's. We have to pay $5 to $10 for each 123 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif .

In my E1e/KL1 E2e/KL1 KL2, KL3 ...ARC LS... I can use the rechargeable's .

EDIT: See below...

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SF L1 won\'t eat rechargeable 123\'s

It`s a similar story with the A2. I wanted to use my Copia Wolf-Eyes Lithium Ion battery in the A2 but it just won`t fit - the inner diameter is less than other SureFire lights.

I don`t think they did this on purpose - I believe it`s because of the inner contact "sleeve" that is required to make the lights work with the 2-stage tail cap. It`s insulated from the main body and provides a second electrical contact, presumably to power or control the regulator. As a result, it makes the walls thicker so they had to make the outer diameter a little greater than the E series and the inner diameter a little thinner, just enough to accommodate the 123 primary cells that they`re designed to work with.

I`m dissapointed that the rechargeable cells don`t fit. Just got to keep hoping that someday soon, someone will make a Lion 123 rechargeable cell that has the same dimentions as the primary cells, and the same or better capacity too. Now that would be good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Whistler said:
But my rechargeable 123's don't fit into the L1. Not the green Batteryworld batteries nor the Quest's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have rechargeable 123's?

-Mike

Whistler

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:
Check out the very nice page he has made about them, and browse his site... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Whistler's Rechargeable 123 Batteries site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whistler

Enlightened
Re: SF L1 will eat rechargeable 123\'s! Quest fit

EDIT: The QUEST batteries do fit! I just tried the other Quest's I got, and they fit. Only one, an abused one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, does not fit. So the 1/3 AA fit, and the 1/5 A do not fit. So if you take two of the 1/3 AA batteries and a wrap a little bit of board around it you will have again rechargable 123's for your L1 (and A2!?).