I broke my MTE C3 Q5

737mechanic

Newly Enlightened
After only 1 week of recieving my MTE C3 Q5 "
SKU: 10688" I was coming into work and dropped it on the ground and now it will not come on. I have rang the switch and it is good, I put 3 volts straight to the LED and it didn't come on so I am assuming the LED had its innards rattled.
So I guess I will be ordering a new LED and maybe even a new driver to see if I can push it harder. The pill is easy to take out and the driver board measures 17mm wide and about 7mm deep and the LED star measures just under 17mm. What I was wondering is what LED star and driver should I get to get MAX brightness out of this puppy. I know I will probably need to grind a little off of the LED star to get it to fit but I don't see that being a problem as long as there is enough to grind off. I noticed the star was just sitting in its little hole without any kind of thermal paste so I will be putting themal paste on the new one for added heat sinking. I would like to drive the knew LED as hard as a AA battery can and I really dont care about the modes, I would be just fine with 5 modes or 20. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
BTW. I really love this light and it is by far my favorite light to date. I don't even use my stinger anymore, I am simply amazed at how bright a single AA light can be.