AT&T/Cingular cell phone needed ***FOUND***

Groundhog66

Banned
Mine took a bath in the Pacific yasterday and no longer works:shakehead, can anyone out there hook a brother up with an inexpensive replacement? I could care less what it is, I just need to get back in business.

:candle:

Tim

Last edited:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: AT&T/Cingular cell phone needed

Hi Tim, I have a Razr that I'm not using. PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine took a bath in the Pacific yasterday and no longer works:shakehead, can anyone out there hook a brother up with an inexpensive replacement? I could care less what it is, I just need to get back in business.

:candle:

Tim
I know this sounds stupid, but you've got nothing to lose. Open it up and take out the battery and cards and rinse it out with fresh water. Shake it out and let it dry out for a couple of days. There's a good chance it'll work again.

Chuck289

Enlightened

I know this sounds stupid, but you've got nothing to lose. Open it up and take out the battery and cards and rinse it out with fresh water. Shake it out and let it dry out for a couple of days. There's a good chance it'll work again.

To add to that, I remember when my dad and I would crash an RC plane into the bay, he would rinse out all the electronics with rubbing alchohol rather than water. I think the main advantage is that it will evaporate quickly and easily. I've used this technique with other electronics and it has worked great.

jrmcferren

Enlightened

An uncommon fact about SIM cards is that they are in themselves waterproof. Just clean off the contacts and drop into the new phone, no problem. A friend of mine learned this from at&t after he dropped his phone into a river. If you were able to save your contacts on the SIM card, you get to keep the contacts as well.

Groundhog66

Banned

I will work on the old one, perhaps it can be saved. But better than that, I received a replacement from Valpo Hawkeye today.....THANK YOU VH.

:thumbsup: