Flashlight Travel Storage?

FenglerF1

Newly Enlightened
I plan on joining the Air Force and with that I need something to carry my collection of lights, Novotac 80p, Fenix T1, Mag Rop, Inova x5, Battery Charger, Spare CR123A's, etc., I do plan to grow my collection while enlisted. I have looked into using a camera bag to store them during my travels, and just am curious if anyone here has first hand knowledge of what is the best solution. I will travel and travel often.

So I guess what I am looking for is a travel case that will keep all my lights and accessories organized and safe while traveling and at home.
Thanks for any help!:rock:

J!m

Newly Enlightened
Pelican Case... Cheap, solid, waterproof, floating, durable and a lifetime warranty. Go with pick-n-pluck foam, or get the velcro divider kit (for cameras normally) for the deeper cases. Many colors available as well.

Oh, yeah- the US Military is one of their biggest customers, so that gives you an idea of the quality... You will be seeing a lot of them soon!:wave:

www.pelican.com or www.bhphotovideo.com

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pelican cases are the way to go. Make sure you get the foam innards too. Youll need more then one, or youll need the impossibly big one, or the really expensive but oh-so-good-looking case..lighthound stocks them.

No first hand account, but i have watched alot of movies and tv....:whistle:

Crenshaw

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1. The Pelican cases would be my choice also. The 1120 is a good size and would probably accomodate everything bar the ROP, depending on the size of the charger. It has two holes for locks also so you may want to get some of these when you get the foam inserts.

DuckhunterInTN

Newly Enlightened
I plan on joining the Air Force and with that I need something to carry my collection of lights, Novotac 80p, Fenix T1, Mag Rop, Inova x5, Battery Charger, Spare CR123A's, etc., I do plan to grow my collection while enlisted. I have looked into using a camera bag to store them during my travels, and just am curious if anyone here has first hand knowledge of what is the best solution. I will travel and travel often.

So I guess what I am looking for is a travel case that will keep all my lights and accessories organized and safe while traveling and at home.
Thanks for any help!:rock:

Larger lights such as your Mag ROP won't fit in this bag, but I have found this to be perfect for Mag AA's, Surefire A2's, 6P's, etc. It is very soft on the inside and holds several lights.

http://countycomm.com/collector.htm

scottaw

Enlightened
Get a pelican, but don't take all your lights in it. Just ijn case you lose the case. You should get by with a small collection of lights, and they should be keeping you too busy to play with the rest. Go for smaller, multi-level and run off primaries.

BOUT2HUNT

Newly Enlightened
Pelican case for sure, waterproof, durable, and any size you need. The foam inserts are especially nice for protection of your lights, and they will not shift during transportation!!!

FenglerF1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your help guys:twothumbs, I have narrowed it down to the Pelican 1500 and 1550. Both have enough room to hold all my gear I believe; Lights, Charger, spare bats, and SLR camera with some room for growth. My parents always question :poke: why I have all this stuff and I respond ":whistle: would you rather me do drugs?" but really, Thanks a ton for all the help:devil:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
I expect that responsible drug use is far cheaper than rampant lumen abuse!

dulridge

Enlightened
From my brother's 25 years in the UK air force, don't take with you anything you aren't prepared to lose...

i.e. travel light - you can replace anything other than body parts, so protect those and don't worry about the rest.

I spent a few years working and travelling in desert parts of southern Africa - as long as you have your toothbrush and enough cash, all the rest is optional. Come to that, so is the toothbrush as long as you have cash in the appropriate currency. The US$ is the world's most recognizable currency even if the exchange rate tends to be one of whatever the local currency unit is to the $ when 1,000 might be more appropriate.

Travel light! Take one light that will do most of what you need. That is more than approximately 100% of others will have with them. As to the rest of the stuff one wants to have around - get used to being without it.

Seriously, one light is enough, as long as you have enough power for it. Forget the availability of AC - OK, the military will make sure that its gadgets will have what they need, don't expect to be able to plug in your gadgets.

The world's commonest cell is not the AA as most here seem to think, it is the D cell. Try getting to really remote places, if they have any cells at all, they will be D's. Nasty Carbon zinc D's but D's. In three years I never saw an AA for sale anywhere, D's were not easy to find, but could be had everywhere if you looked hard enough and spoke the language.

So get a 2D Mag and learn to live with it.

Glasstream15

Newly Enlightened
I have a Pelican 1550 for my cameras, about $2500 worth of them. I wouldn't hesitate to drop it off the roof and let it bounce into the pool. Not cheap, but as reliable as an anvil.

I may just have to check out some Pelican lights to see if they are anywhere near as good as the cases. And the military does have bunches of them.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
don't buy anything till you get setup to your post, then get a 2D M*G w/ LED drop-in and an ARC AAA. just my 2 lumens, I'm also interesting in serving my country, and I don't expect to have many personal things on me. I would however like to have something that I hold dear to me, such as a good flashlight:twothumbs

Mayo

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would not take more than 2 lights, and be prepared to lose them.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I just got a Walmart case. Decided to spend the $$ on more lights!

Don't take your full collection on a duty tour, trust me. You have to leave them home for training cycles anyway. They'll be smashed for fun by your trainers, lent out and lost, stolen, sold when drunk, and other follies! Of course you are going Airforce so :rolleyes:
Oh yeah better start getting used to taking flack from other branches of the armed forces!
:crackup: Your world is going to change dramatically son, learn to adapt quickly. Good luck and don't drop anything on my buddies that you wouldn't drop on your own mother. Also remember how many fatalities we have in training alone, STAY ALERT STAY ALIVE!
HOOAH!!!!!!!!