L2D tailswitch acting up

mighty82

Enlightened
My l2d started flickering real bad, and I had to turn it on and off repeatedly and tap on the switch to make it work properly, now that doesen't help either. I have cleaned the switch with alcohol, and it was a little better for a while, but then it just went bad again. I mailed fenix-store 3-4 days ago and asked if they could send me a new switch, but i havent gotten any response.

Is this a common problem with the fenix lights? And how long does it normally take to get an answer for fenix-store.com? For now I guess I'll just have to rely on my L0D :candle:

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Try tightening the tailcap retaining ring(the metal ring that holds in the tail switch).

If that doesn't work, try to get a replacement tailcap(try calling then if you the above doesn't fix the tailcap).

:welcome:

ericgst

Newly Enlightened
My P3D had a bad switch, I got fustrated playing with it a couple days after I got it. Fenix-Store sent me out a new switch the next business day after I emailed them.

mighty82

Enlightened
Yeah, tightening the retaining ring was the first thing I tried, but that didn't help at all. Better buy a extra switch in case it gets this way again.

mighty82

Enlightened
NEVER MIND, i tried again, and got response!:party:
They sent me a new switch.

Last edited: