Is the Polarion PH-40 regulated?

maverick

Enlightened
Want to ask a quick question as per the topic. Or does the light dim as the battery is depleted? Thanks.

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened
Want to ask a quick question as per the topic. Or does the light dim as the battery is depleted? Thanks.

Hi Maverick,

Yes, the PH40 is regulated. And it will give you full brightness throughout till it depletes the battery to the last drop and goes off completely.

Actually, all of their HID's are regulated.

That's what make Polarion HID so wonderful.:D

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
I have had the opportunity to spend a few days with the chief designer and President of Polarion of Korea.

The more I find out about the processes that represent the R&D and actual production/manufacture of the Polarion HID Searchlights the greater my appreciation.

I found out many things about the internal components that I was not aware of.

Their ability to reliability get the power out of the front end is a result of their blood, sweat and tears and results in the best-of-breed in this category.

maverick

Enlightened
btw, is the Polarion approved for continuous running? ie: can I finish running one pack and just pop a fresh pack in and just keep the light going indefinitely (until the lamp burns out).

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
To the OP, ALL HID lights are regulated. The ballast takes care of that. It is not dependent on brand.

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
maverick,

Yes, you can run the light continuously.

However, if the ambient temperature/light temperature rises to unsafe/damaging levels, the light will shut-off due to thermal regulation.

When the light is cooled down sufficiently, you can re-energize it.