Need suggestions to surprise my wife while in NYC

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife and I will be in NYC together on the weekend of the 1st and 2nd of March. I am accompanying my wife who is going to be in the city on a work trip and will only have that weekend free to look around. She is into art and I would like to show her something that the normal tourist doesn't normally come across. I will be wondering the city for about a week myself so I will absorb all the tourist spots and take photos as much as possible to share with my wife......any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

meuge

Enlightened
My wife and I will be in NYC together on the weekend of the 1st and 2nd of March. I am accompanying my wife who is going to be in the city on a work trip and will only have that weekend free to look around. She is into art and I would like to show her something that the normal tourist doesn't normally come across. I will be wondering the city for about a week myself so I will absorb all the tourist spots and take photos as much as possible to share with my wife......any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

You should visit the Cloisters museum. It's usually too far uptown for tourists to go there. There's also the Frick Collection. Of course, the Metropolitan Museum of Art shouldn't be missed as well.

I'll consult my girlfriend (who's an art appraiser) to see if there are any other places you should visit.

ledkings

Newly Enlightened
use one day for artsy stuff, but for the other, it must be spent in the city!! walk around and absorb everything, take a ferry ride the subways, get stuck in horrible ny traffic, argue with @$$holes, buy bagels or hotdogs from vendors. do however stay safe though

jrmcferren

Enlightened
Offtopic (slightly):
When you get home, make something out of LEDs for her, something artistic. This way you can give her something she likes while still being a flashaholic. :devil: