Band-aids: how to organize them

bltkmt

Enlightened
Yes, a thread about band-aids organization. I figured if any group might have ideas, it's here. I go nuts over how we end up with 20 boxes of miscellaneous sized bandaids in our bathroom...such a mess and hard to find what you want/need. Do any of you have suggestions on some sort of organizer/sorter that would work to hold various band-aids, that would not be too large for a bathroom pantry?

Thanks in advance.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
keep the old band aid boxes, put one size in each.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I go nuts over how we end up with 20 boxes of miscellaneous sized bandaids in our bathroom...such a mess and hard to find what you want/need.

For me in general I just use 1 box. ;)
Really I don't need more than a couple types of band aids for general purpose use. I have intricately conceived trauma and first aid kits that have everything baggied and pocketed but for around the home I just have a band aid box that I dump into when I'm restocking first aid kits, trauma kits, Bail Out Bags, emergency survival kit, etc.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just have a whole drawer dedicated to them. Takes some time to find the right one, but they're all there.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
..I find after a couple of years in storage the stickiness of the bandaid has completely vanished..there is little else in the sticky kingdom I've found that becomes as unstickable as an out of date bandaid. coincidence? I think not.
it's just another miracle of modern technology..
maybe they're making them better these days, but I suggest making a few spot checks; you might find you may as well throw out most of them (or recycle them as wierd post it notes) and buy some fresh, sticky ones..

my last few small cuts I patched with a piece of paper towel and masking tape..

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with powernoodle -- at our place it's baggies or chaos. Whatever box you decide on, look at Zip-Lock bags in Snack size. They are much more handy for organizing things than they are for snacks. They also allow you to add just a small amount of your...band-aid collection to this kit and that without taking up much room. Yup, I've got band-aids in snack bags.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I think you have to try harder. I mean, vary the size of your cuts and abrasions, so you'll finish off all the different sized bandages at about the same time. You only need one box of bandages and perhaps one backup. Simple!

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I have closet filled with cardboard 'parts bin' boxes. Two of them are dedicated to medical supplies.

For bandaids, I lump some of them together. The knuckle bands are seperate, as are the burn gel pads. The big bandaids are in one box, regardless of 1 inch or 3/4 inch. It's not like I figure out what specific size I want before I open the cabinet.

Daniel