• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB - FM 2" deep M@g reflector assembly

XPLRN

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have a black, chrome or dark HAIII FM 2" deep reflector assembly they could part with?? Preferably in new/mint condition. Please PM your details.

Thanks in advance for a chance to make my 4D M@g with a Malkoff drop-in throw a bit better/further!!
happy14.gif

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Judging by the pictures on the Malkoff site, the FM 2" deep reflector wouldn't be compatible with the Malkoff drop-in unless you machined the cam off the reflector - the cam's not removable.

Maybe FM's 2.5 Throw Master or FM3V-2 would work?

XPLRN

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your input. I'm not lacking for machining capabilities and if I determined that the reflector would not work with a Malkoff I certainly could remedy the cam interference issue. However I might just go ahead and use it(if one comes available) for my M@g85 to see what it can do with that light.

I'm after the lower profile/stock M@g appearance instead of the larger size FM heads.

Judging by the pictures on the Malkoff site, the FM 2" deep reflector wouldn't be compatible with the Malkoff drop-in unless you machined the cam off the reflector - the cam's not removable.

Maybe FM's 2.5 Throw Master or FM3V-2 would work?

Nebula

Enlightened
Anyone have a black, chrome or dark HAIII FM 2" deep reflector assembly they could part with?? Preferably in new/mint condition. Please PM your details.

Thanks in advance for a chance to make my 4D M@g with a Malkoff drop-in throw a bit better/further!!
happy14.gif

These come up once in a while, but they are generally in non-HAIII red and black. There are a few bare versions around as well, but I am unaware of any "dark" HAIII that have been offered by FM. I actually have one that started in bare Al and then anodized in HAIII by Mirage_Man. Good luck with your search.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your input. I'm not lacking for machining capabilities and if I determined that the reflector would not work with a Malkoff I certainly could remedy the cam interference issue. However I might just go ahead and use it(if one comes available) for my M@g85 to see what it can do with that light.

I'm after the lower profile/stock M@g appearance instead of the larger size FM heads.
You realize it adds about an inch to the length of the bezel?

However it does work great with a M@g85 (provided you're using a stock switch with drop-in bi-pin adapter, and not a Kiu socket).

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that because the Kiu is taller or shorter?
I take it back. It might work with a Kiu socket, provided you use enough spacers to allow for the length of the cam. I (incorrectly) remembered the Kiu socket being to wide for the bore in the cam, but I just tried it again, and the Kiu socket will fit fine. However, neither of the two Kiu-socketed switches I have use enough shims/spacers for this reflector.