• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* FS: regulated Tiger11 - $275

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
*SOLD*

This is the best, most sophisticated, highest quality TigerLight mod I have ever made. Including this one, there are only 6 in existence. An 8 cell Sanyo enelope AA pack powers a Willie Hunt LVR3K regulator, which PWM's the voltage down to exactly 7.2 volts DC equivalent. The light will run a WA 1111 lamp for 42 minutes, fully regulated, putting out 570 torch-lumens for the entire time. It will drive the Gen 4 TL LA for 84 minutes. And it will drive the 375 lumen LA (or the WA 1274) for 55 minutes.

The enelope cells have very low self-discharge, and thus this light can sit around for many months and still retain over 80 percent of the initial charge. The ON/OFF switch is only used to apply or remove power to the LVR3K, and thus the FET is the real switch, giving the advantage of extremely low on resistance and high current handling ability. The LVR PWM regulator is in the switch-core of the light, and the 8 cell AA pack wires are directly soldered into the switch core. Thus the pack is non-removeable unless you remove the switch core along with it. This light can not easily be turned back into a regular TL, in other words.

The front end of the light is comprised of a modded Carley MOP 1940 reflector with a ring-potted WA1111 lamp installed, with a UCL Shock Isolated lens. However, you can install any of the TigerLight lamp modules, or the SL-20X or SL-35X LA's. Two of the people who own these lights (SilverFox and milkyspit) prefer the SL-35X LA. I prefer the MOP reflector and the WA1111 lamp, myself.

This is a NEW condition TigerLight, however, if you are looking for a pristine, perfect finish light, this is not for you. As with most TigerLights, the hard anodize is not 100 percent perfect--not due to any scratch or flake or damage, but just because that's the nature of the thing. There's a very tiny dot of HA missing towards the rear of the light, and somewhere at the body/bezel interface. Nothing noticeable and the light looks great, but I just want to be clear about this.

The light comes in the original box, with an extra WA1111 ring potted lamp, a 5/64th allen wrench for removing and installing ring-potted lamps, the original lexan lens, the charging cradle, the wall-wart that powers the charging cradle, the light itself, configured as described above, and detailed instructions.

I want $275 for this light, plus $10 shipping via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation and insurance. I am happy to ship internationally if the buyer pays me the difference in shipping costs. PM me for details on international sales. I am also happy to ship a faster method as long as the buyer pays the difference.

The light is an FBOP (no pepper spray). However, for an extra $10 I can move the internals to an OC TL if that is the buyers preference.

The light will not charge from an automotive cigarette lighter socket, as the charging harness needs about 16 volts in. However, for $35 I can take a DC-DC laptop car powersupply/converter and modify it to attach to the charging cradle. (This would take a couple weeks as I do not have any of these DC-DC step up converters on hand at present, and this is assuming that I can get the model I have used before for the same $20 price I got it before.)

And finally, while this 8 cell battery pack will NOT charge on any of the TigerLight fast chargers, I can gut a TL cradle to provide a direct connection to the battery pack contacts at the rear of the light, via banana plugs (or any other termination desired). This would allow you to use the stand alone fast charger of your choice to charge the light. Cost would be $20. This would be an extra cradle over and above the regular slow-charging cradle and wall-wart.

I accept PayPal or check or money order.

The first person to post "I'll take it" or similar gets it.

PM me with questions and/or to get my mailing address or paypal address.

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: regulated Tiger11 - $350

I will be adding pictures at some point (probably tonight), and I also forgot to mention that the regulator has a soft-start feature. This allows driving the WA1111 right to 3400+ K CCT without any risk of instaflashing at turn on. This CCT is whiter than the SF A2. And, actually, the regulator is very similar to the one used in the A2 (both are Willie Hunt LVR's).

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: regulated Tiger11 - $350

Given the number of views to this thread, I have reconsidered the price. I was thinking along the following lines:

TigerLight FBOP $150
Regulator $50
Battery pack $50
Reflector and two lamps $50
UCL $10
higher votlage wallwart $10
labor $30

But new condition TigerLights are going for no more than $100 these days and there is already some amount of labor calculated into the regulator (which cost me $35 or $40) and the battery pack (cells cost $32).

So . . .

I am dropping the price from $350 to $275. If it won't sell for that, however, I don't want to sell it, so this is the one and only price drop.