3 UV hat brim light at Wally World

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Just thought I'd ask, anyone tried out the 3 LED UV hat-brim "Flshing" light that's at Wal Mart?

I forgot to pay attention to what brand, but it was something unknown.. They had white, green, and UV in stock, and one open spot which could have been red.

$10 for any color, looked pretty cheap, ran off 3 lithium cells, looked like LR44's.

DaveG

Enlightened
I have the green led model,came with 2-Hitachi Maxell-2032 batterys.The green model is quite bright.Dont know about run time but with 2032s it may be ok.

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
I got the UV one for Christmas. My kids got it for me because the package read something about fishing. Being my first UV led I find it so cool that I now keep it in my EDC bag. Have not used it for fishing yet, but have lit up fishing lures and monofilament in my workshop.....it does a great job....anything flourescent lights up really bright.

Overall build quality is fine....nothing fancy but will serve its purpose well I am sure. It is also extremely light weight....you won't even know it is there.

BTW...if you have not played with a UV before....it also lights up "pet stains" and other bodily fluid stains. I had it with me on New Year's Eve at an upscale hotel in Chicago. Against advice, from my wife who did not want to know, I did my own CSI thing and checked out the room. Surprisingly, the room was quite clean. There was one corner of the room where it appeared someone may have vomited in the past, but it was not visible without the UV so we just stayed out of that corner. :laughing:

Hope this helps.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I got the UV one for Christmas. My kids got it for me because the package read something about fishing. Being my first UV led I find it so cool that I now keep it in my EDC bag. Have not used it for fishing yet, but have lit up fishing lures and monofilament in my workshop.....it does a great job....anything flourescent lights up really bright.

Overall build quality is fine....nothing fancy but will serve its purpose well I am sure. It is also extremely light weight....you won't even know it is there.

BTW...if you have not played with a UV before....it also lights up "pet stains" and other bodily fluid stains. I had it with me on New Year's Eve at an upscale hotel in Chicago. Against advice, from my wife who did not want to know, I did my own CSI thing and checked out the room. Surprisingly, the room was quite clean. There was one corner of the room where it appeared someone may have vomited in the past, but it was not visible without the UV so we just stayed out of that corner. :laughing:

Hope this helps.

That's surprising, usually it takes quite a bit of UV power and the right spectrum to do such things. I have a few UV lights and they all act pretty similarly, and they can illuminate some things, but only on certain surfaces really.

bob4apple

Enlightened
I bought a nice, inexpensive 12 UV light from lighthound that I use to check our bathroom with after my little boy tries to "hit the target". Let's just say, sadly, that I rarely get to say "BINGO".