Hi-ho, hi-ho...

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's off to Camp Victory my wife goes.

She's leaving tonight. Her duffles and ruck are in the car, waiting to go to the airfield. Flack vest, LCE and Chem-bag waiting by the door. She's calling friends and family, letting them know she finally got the word to go just a few hours ago.

Final equipment check... flashlights[check], Extra batts [check]... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hopefully all this fighting be over soon, but peace-keeping operations will probably last a long while. I told her she should be (I pray) home by Christmas.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I may be a reluctant supporter of the War, but I unequivocally support our troops. I give protestors every right to protest the government, but as soon as one makes an uncalled for statement about our troops... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif
God help the protestor who angers this former grunt!

Here's to hoping that everyone comes home safe
-Jason

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
man, that's tough. i don't know how you handle it with a smiley. thank your wife for her service to our great country. she /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif'S !!

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
God bless. Please send our thanks and prayers with her.

[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
Final equipment check... flashlights[check], Extra batts [check]... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I may be a reluctant supporter of the War, but I unequivocally support our troops. I give protestors every right to protest the government, but as soon as one makes an uncalled for statement about our troops... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif
God help the protestor who angers this former grunt!

Here's to hoping that everyone comes home safe
-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]
At least she won't be in the dark.

I definitly agree and will be glad to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif any anti-troop protest I come across or hear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Please tell her to be safe and come home in one piece. And also tell her that I, a complete stranger, appreciate her dedication, bravery and the proud job she and the other GIs are doing.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
You must be anxious, nervous and oh so proud all at the same time. I wish your whole family all the best. Heck, she makes me proud! Sierra Hotel!

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife just got done reading this thread a minute ago. She thanks you all and will take your advice and will hopefully stay out of trouble.
I finally get her to read something from here and now she's leaving. Aaargh...

We're both nervous and excited...and a little afraid. She's been sent away before, but never for anything this big.

She's well trained has the tools she needs. Plus she's got some cool flashlights thanks to your's truly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We'll be leaving for the airfield in T -1.5 hours. Watch out Iraq, here comes my Sweetie...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif [and that's for making me miss my TV shows, and this one's for the crappy food I had to eat...]