R2 P60 dropin

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
Unfourtantely this is a fraud, there is no way for that R2 to get 290 lm from it running at 6 volt ~600mA. If you calculate the efficiency the number turns out either too low or too high, do not get this.

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
Unfourtantely this is a fraud, there is no way for that R2 to get 290 lm from it running at 6 volt ~600mA. If you calculate the efficiency the number turns out either too low or too high, do not get this.

If flashaholics only bought lights that were accurately described, we would not have many lights :ohgeez:

And someone has to test it for us :crackup:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh guys, there is already another thread on this topic. The truth is, the guys that do these ebay auctions don't have a clue what they put down for the description and most of the time they just copy a mix mash of info from different related items. I never rely on ebay descriptions and when it comes to flashlight stuff, one of your best sources for info is here. With that said, the R2 P60 drop-in being sold on ebay is made by Solarforce. From my experience with Solarforce products, the are generally pretty good and on par with other Chinese flashlight manufacturers like Ultrafire. I pulled the trigger on this one just because I don't think $20 is much to spend just to try something out (and I'm a cheap *******)...as we all know, this hobby can be very expensive...and so in the grand scheme of things, $20 is hardly anything...

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

The 290lm is at 1000ma or beyond. Even at 600ma you should get 150+ lm.
(there was a Poll:, if people would choose runtime or outright brightness.....runtime won)

Its like buying a high performance car that lists 300HP, everyday driving you will not hit that horsepower number because it takes high revs.

Sure its a type of false advertising, but if you know the numbers ahead of time, and look past it,....its still a fair deal.