Anyone have a Fenix L1D q5 ?

todo

Newly Enlightened
I can find very little info here on the Fenix L1D. Seems to be the forgotten model. Was wondering if the L1D q5 will accept rechargable lithiums as well as the L0Dce handles them. And if there is a significant increase in lumins when using lithiums?? Any other thoughts on this light??, I'm thinking it may be a nice compromise between a p3d q5 and an L0D.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to Lighthound "Input voltage .8V-3.6V (works with 14500 batteries high only until battery voltage falls below 3.5V)"
Just a guess but I would say it will probably be as much brighter on 3.6 volt as the L0D-CE is - a noticeable amount. But note you lose lower levels according to this. It seems though that the L0D-CE does not lose lower levels on a 10440 so there may be some difference in the circuitry.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L1D-Q5 has the same head as the P2D. The bodies are interchangable. The L1D-Q5 is listed at 120 Lumens on a regular battery on turbo. When I place a 14500 battery in my L1D-Q5 I believe it is as bright as my P2D-Q5 (listed at 180 lumens) on turbo. I do not have any way of checking this though.

However, with the L1D-Q5 and a 14500 battery the light only has turbo mode. All other modes, except strobe, do not work. 14500's are very tight in the tube and it does take some elbow grease to tighten down the cap tight enough to get the light to come on.

Hope this helps

Bill

Last edited:

CandleFranky

Enlightened
I can find very little info here on the Fenix L1D. Seems to be the forgotten model. Was wondering if the L1D q5 will accept rechargable lithiums as well as the L0Dce handles them.
Nice little EDC, but forgotten since the Nitecore Defender hype. :eek:oo:
120 lumens are bright enough for an EDC.

todo

Newly Enlightened
There are literally dozens of review threads on the L1D, including the Q5 model. Have you tried searching? :poke:

Yes I figured there would be tons of returns, but when I put L1D in the search field I got zero results, am I missing something?

todo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help. I'm pretty sure I really need one of these.LOL Should make a great small light running on a duracell 2600 nimh rechargable, and have all the modes. But nice to know I can throw in a lithium for some WOW.

Wicho

Enlightened
Click here: http://www.google.com/search?q=l1d&sitesearch=candlepowerforums.com

Great lights, I love both of mine. Cheap to run, bright and don't weigh much. They have been very reliable for me. The difference between high and turbo is not much, but if you get the P2D body for it the difference between high and turbo becomes very noticeable.

Fenix store's party pack is a great deal with the 8% CPF discount. If you also get the L2D tube, you get three different options to run your light. The L2D (runs on 2xAA) gives you the same turbo mode as one CR123 in the P2D body.

The only bad thing about them is that, like others here on CPF, I too wish the low was lower.