SureFire KL6 Replaced by the New KL9?

slick228

Newly Enlightened
I'm surprised that no one mentioned anything about the new SureFire KL9. It's suppose to be a LED Conversion head with 4 die, running on 9-volt. This will probably replace the KL6. With the 4 die, this bezel can produce 400 lumens with ease.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the lack of converstation stems from a lack of knowledge about the product. Is it in the catalog? Can we get a scan?

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
All I remember seeing in the 2004 catalog was that they were planning on making KL heads from KL1 thru KL9, but I haven't heard anything about a KL9 either, I would think they would go back to the drawing board with the KL6 and pop in a new emitter and driver. Now that you mention the KL6, the KL6 is also a 4 die LED but it is a Luxeon V, which isn't really this generation's LED any more. I would assume that the KL9 would be using the SSC P7-4 die emitter.

slick228

Newly Enlightened
The new KL9 bezel is shown and described on page 74 of the 2008 SureFire Tactical Products catalog. It resembles the current crenulated M3 bezel and does not look like the KL6. Considering that it is 2008 and most likely putting out 400 lumens, it's definitely not a Luxeon V with 4 die LED. Instead, it is using a SSC 4 die LED exclusive to SureFire.

slick228

Newly Enlightened
KeyGrip,

It should be for the "M" series. Since I don't have a scanner, maybe another forum member can scan page 74 of the 2008 SureFire Tactical Catalog for you.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. M series would make sense if it's replacing the KL6 :ohgeez: I guess I'll just have to get a C-M adapter for my 9P.

slick228

Newly Enlightened
Could you get a scan of that page? Does it mention which lights it will fit on? (M, C, etc)

KeyGrip,

Phredd scanned the page that contains the KL9 bezel. It is in post #360. The following is a link to the thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/188408&page=12

kl9ml6.jpg

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you imagine this in the KL4 head? I think I just wet myself. :D

Wilkey