PR-flange bulb ID & related questions

Donald

Newly Enlightened
I have what appear to be traditional incandescent PR-flange bulbs. They are marked MEXICO XS 3 and MEXICO XS 4, respectively. The flange is flat w/ 3 dimples and one triangular notch. The bulb is straight up and down and the top has a lens.** Could they be Carley bulbs, since I do have some Carley spacers? I imagine the 3 and 4 may refer to the number of batteries, but am not sure.

I short, what are they and how do I use them?

Thanks for any help!

**In other words the bulb is not the oval shape of a stock Mag-Lite bulb. It is also not a RadioShack XPR103 Xenon Lamp 3.6 Volts 800mA for 3 "C" or "D" batteries, Cat. No. 272-1182. Can you tell I have that package in front of me, with the standard Mag-Lite bulb, now stored in it? By the way it says on the back that it has a brightness of 3.0 MSCP and average life of 36 hours. I mention this because it might not be an EverLED replacement, but it is readily available for someone that needs a bulb and I think it is a bit brighter than the stock bulb. I cannot swear to this, not having done a side by side comparison, but someone posted a favorable comment on this bulb a long time ago, it has been a good performer, when I need a brighter light, than my PAL light.

I note that the flange on the stock Mag-Light bulb is bent on either side. Is this to space it? Is this the reason for Carley spacers?