18650 Q5 flood light? For a mechanic

Dragonfueled

Newly Enlightened
HI , ive been using my wolf eyes sniper for work and love it. Is there any thing more floody then the sniper. I would want it to be able to use one 18650 and a Q5 for brightness...I could really use the extra flood... Thanks guys much appreciated.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could look into some diffusion film for the lens to give you a more floody beam.

Dragonfueled

Newly Enlightened
Hmm never heard of this... So I guess there isnt really any q5 lights with more flood then the sniper?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
How far away are you from the things you work on? Another option would be a Zebralight Q5 which is a head light which would give you hands free operation, and it's all flood, 3 brightness levels, and runs on AA's, so you could use rechargable NiMH batteries, like Sanyo Eneloops, etc, and carry as many spares as needed to get you through the day if you're running the Zebralight on MAX for long periods of time.

http://www.zebralight.com/index.php...ducts_id=183&zenid=n46bdu9gmg8hfo0oksakg6edd3

The high mode is 66lm, so it isn't close to driving the Q5 to its full potential, but rather using the Q5 to give good output with good run times, over 2 hours on high.

Dragonfueled

Newly Enlightened
Well im a mechanic so i usually am within 3 feet of whatever im wonrking on. allot of times I mount the sniper on the lip of the hood over my head to light up the engine but it only lights up about a 1 foot usuable spot. I would like to mount a light about 3 to 4 feet away and light up the whole engine. for working under dashboards a flood light would be great as the spot at close distances has to be constantly moved