Advice on E2L

whippoorwill

Enlightened
I have two of the luxeon emitter based E2L's. Pulled one out of storage and popped two cells into it and was instantly reminded why I put both in storage in the first place.

Here is my dilemma, should I send them off to Milkyspit for a mod (he has already modded two ML-1's for me) or should I buy the new KX2 head from Battery Junction?

I despise the optics on the old E2L but have heard that there are some big improvements in the Cree versions.

Help me out, folks

djblank87

Enlightened
Did someone say Milk? :grin2:

Send it to Milkyspit and have him work his magic on it and then you should be reminded of why you will no longer want to put it in the drawer.

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Agreed. I have a SSC modded KL1 head - it's a world of difference. Go do it. You won't be disappointed with a mod.

-Steve

precisionworks

Flashaholic
big improvements in the Cree versions.
I EDC an E2L Cree and really like the projector or spot beam pattern. Much more focused than the L4, U2 or Novatac, but useful none the less. If you can borrow one & try it, you might like it ... seems like quite a few people do.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send it to the Milkman. I have a KL1 that I put a Seoul in with an Mcr20 reflector and UCL lens and I love it. A huge improvement over the stock configuration! Actually, first I got rid of the optic and ran the stock emitter with the new reflector and lens and noticed a huge improvement. Then I swapped the emitter out for a Seoul and the ouput is now more than double what it was before!

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
Wait for the new dual output KX2 to come out before you buy your KX2. (actually at the moment the olde KX2 stock is being used up be SF dealers and surefire's own online store has taken the item's buy button away)