What's your brightest 1W Luxeon?

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
What\'s your brightest 1W Luxeon?

So far, I only have 3 luxeon lights: 2 Inretechs and an ArcLS1rev2. The Inretechs are deep blue and cyan. For it's size and regulation the Arc is my favorite...but in terms of brightness the cyan Inretech 2AA adapter blows the Arc away, esp. with lithium AA's. I mean, it isn't even close! With cyan I know we're talking brightness vs "perceived" brightness...but all I know is that when I want BRIGHT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif plus run-time, I'm usually reaching for my Inretech cyan 2AA! What's your brightest (...or "perceived" brightest) single 1W luxeon?

PJD

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: What\'s your brightest 1W Luxeon?

1w 3d mag mod

*very* bright for a 1w because it uses a large reflector.

also, the batt life is amazing! i put regular duracells in it, and after 2.5 months, i finally gave up on the runtime test.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Blaster II's definately my brightest 1W-based LS light. Paired up with the 30mm collimator optics, it is about half as bright as the nearest 5Wer to it; amazing considering it's only supposed to be 1/5 the brightness of the 5Wers.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

FalconFX -

How is your Blaster matching up to your LGIs?

franken2

Newly Enlightened

right now it's my arcls1, followed closely by bb400. then its the inretch on lithiums. hopefully this will change when i get the white and teal everled's i just ordered! can't wait to try them in different lights i own. never thought i'd own 500+$ worth of led lights, but they sure are fun!

Stefan

Enlightened

My one and only Luxeon (so far) is the Reactor 2AA. This puppy is awefully bright on Lithiums, and I have a possible bike light replacement LED.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast

The InReTECH red is VERY Bright, and I agree with the CYAN's they are amazing - we just got a new batch of BLUE Luxeons and I am shocked how bright they are

Be carefull when testing LED Flashlights, InReTECH adapters have been known to cause "The Dalmation Syndrone"

Anarchocap

Enlightened

Ditto on that. Honestly, next to the PT Surge, the LGI is the most impressive light I have bought for the money.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

My LGI SHORTY is my brightest. It was being over driven by 2 123 lithium battery. However, no burnt occured because of Mr. Bulk's great custom heat sink. It blows my Mini LGI and my LGI away, let alone my KL1 and my grey kit. However, my longest throwing 1W luxeon is the one that i modded using Mr. Bulk's (and/or Slick) idea of using Coleman 2AA flashlight. It is also overdriven using 1AA and 3 1/3AA rechargeables. Very bright and very long in throw. I like this mod

ab

Enlightened

Geez, no contest. This one (and it's rechargeable!):

AB Mag 2C Luxeon mod with 30 mm optics

Smokes my Blaster II completely. It's a particularly bright Q2 LS w/ 30 mm optics in a Mag 2C body driven by rechargeable 1/2C nicads. The 1/2C nicads are easily charged in any garden-variety battery charger so it's not just crazy bright but also a very practical configuration.

I've got some more of these outrageously bright 1W LS's and I've been considering doing a small run of these if there's enough interest.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX -

How is your Blaster matching up to your LGIs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Icebreak,

The Blaster II has a brighter hot spot than both of my LGIs... I can say that it can almost pass as an underdriven 5 watter...

It is very bright, and throws a very good beam with a pronounced hot spot.

It does not have as hot a spot as my Cyclops, but it has much more overall useable spill light, and it can throw nearly as long a beam.

Against any other 1W Luxeon Stars, there really isn't anything that can come close to matching the 30mm optic's combination of BOTH throw AND overall light output... Against a white wall and in regular use, it is quite amazing what the difference is between an NX05 based optics light and a 30mm based optics light...

Tomas

Banned

Strangely enough my brightest (and purest white) LS is one of my BB400 units. there are odd looking dark brown inclusions inside the LS, but the output of this unit is my brightest, most even, most purely white LS. Go figure, eh?

Second place is my Arc LS1 Hybrid. A very good, evenly colored, smooth beam, somewhat blue with green corona, just a bit less bright.

tomsig03.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I *think* my brightest 1-watter is an old-style DD (Direct Drive) Elektrolumens Blaster, but I also think my LGI (Long Gun Illuminator) is the brightest. I guess I'll have to scrounge up some new alkaline batteries for them and run the good old fashioned "bathroom ceiling test" and see which one comes out ahead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

machspass

Newly Enlightened

My brightest is my ARC LS1. It has become my EDC light, using the CR123 battery pack. I have a flashlight that I modified to run a 1W Luxeon w/optics with the Zetex circuit, and it's almost just as bright, but the ARC has a better "hot spot."