D-Mini D12 tube

pipspeak

Enlightened
Anyone got their hands on a D12 tube for the D-Mini yet?

I'm a little confused why LP would release a AA tube considering they already have the M3 in the lineup. Why another lego light?

I also think it looks a bit strange... a completely different style to the head and tailcap and nothing special to look at. Ho hum.

Daekar

Enlightened
I haven't seen Ricky mention the D12 tube in the MarketPlace, which I think is kind of funny. Anyway, if I were Lumapower I would discontinue the M3 Transformer and direct my attention to the D-mini, and it looks like they've been doing just that. A little while ago there were some complaints around that there were no AA throwers - and it looks like LP is fixing the situation. I'm very happy with my 18650 tube for my D-mini and I might consider getting the D12 tube as well, but my Fenix L2D is doing the job of 2xAA pretty well right now so I don't really need it. However, for those who want a throw light and don't want to delve into Li-ion batteries, the D12 tube should be a blessing.

As far as aethetics go, I really like the way it looks...

I think the M3 was an attempt to give people "what they wanted," and LP found out the hard way that just because people think they want it doesn't mean they actually do. I like my M3 but it doesn't get used anymore... partially because of the "obsolete" emitter and partially because it was a jack-of-all-trades, master of none, mostly because it's too big in all of its forms. It's currently the only small 1x123a light I have and that's why I still keep it around - if my pockets are too small for my D-mini 18650 and my L2D, the M3 in 123a form fits the bill. I'll replace it with a new Arc LS when they come out, assuming I can stand the temptation of the Novatac product line...