Photon Freedom vs Elitemax

Optic Nerve

Newly Enlightened
The one LED from my Photon Freedom seems to put out more light than the four LEDs on my Eternalight Elitemax. Does anybody know what type of LEDs are used in the Photon freedom? Are they Nichia LEDs? If so, what kind and what mcd?

Marduke

Flashaholic
The one LED from my Photon Freedom seems to put out more light than the four LEDs on my Eternalight Elitemax. Does anybody know what type of LEDs are used in the Photon freedom? Are they Nichia LEDs? If so, what kind and what mcd?

Photon Freedom uses Nichia DS

AlexSchira

Enlightened
Photon owns the first batch of Nichia DS, but they'll be out everywhere soon enough. Imagine the Rex, FOUR DS LEDs off a rechargable battery. Your Eternalight has nightmares about it, trust me.

Wattnot

Enlightened
People are more impressed with my Photon Freedom than my A2 or my P2D Premium.

That little sucker is amazing! I bought one for each member of the family! It's funny . . . tonight I was reading the description of one of their larger lights (the Proton?) and the description of the UI was identical!

bp044

Enlightened
People are more impressed with my Photon Freedom than my A2 or my P2D Premium.

That little sucker is amazing! I bought one for each member of the family! It's funny . . . tonight I was reading the description of one of their larger lights (the Proton?) and the description of the UI was identical!
Does the proton company have a discount for CPFers ?

Wattnot

Enlightened
I don't know about that but I paid roughly 10 bucks a piece from some store I found just using google set on the shopping mode. After all of that, while at Sportsman's Warehouse buying my A2, I spot them there for under 12 bucks each! If I would have known that . . .

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't the Freedom and Photon II's with the DS only come out a few months ago? I'm assuming that some places might still be selling the non-DS, 50%(?) as bright emitters. Small caution perhaps, not that the first gen Freedoms aren't bright.

Latest posts