Is 2008 going to be the best year for us?

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm super excited.
Surefires Upgraded line of LED flashlights, the HDS Twisty and family, the new Arc LS, Mcgizmos Lunasol, Inovas new line of LED flashlights, and others.

Is it me, or this year Is going to be the best year for us flashaholics so far?

Last edited:

h_nu

Enlightened
Only if we get another jump like Luxeon to Cree. Remember the excitement and everyone trying to get in on the Fenix L1D CE?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the products will be the best yet... but, expectations are also higher. Was it cooler to get the playstation II...or III. (or for my generation...the Atari 2600 or...)

I however, am very excited.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
In terms of LEDs, I think so. We'll probably see somewhat better efficiencies this year, but nothing like the percentage jump last year. However, the big news is that LEDs keep getting cheaper, and the tint consistency keeps getting better. Hopefully soon we'll start to see LEDs binned like fluorescents, with 3000K, 3500K, 4100K, 4500K, 5000K, 5500K, 6000K, 6500K, and 7000K bins readily available. I wouldn't be surprised also if multiwatt power emitters fall below the $1 mark in quantity. LED has finally arrived. It only looks to keep getting better and better.

So yes, 2008 will probably be the best year yet, but I'm sure 2009 will be even better.