Which is the Dereelight P60 drop in for a surefire 6p (link please)?

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Dereelight drop-in will be used in a G2 and 6P with 2 CR123's (6v). I am finding different answers when I look. Thank you

bspofford

Enlightened
All the DereeLight's fit a Surefire 6P, so the only issue is voltage. (Actually, the very first pills had reverse polarity, but you can't get these now.) Some pills only handle a max of 4.2V while others (multipower models) can handle two rechargeable Li-ion cells. Another nice feature is the low voltage cutoff at 2.7V offering protection against overdischarge of a nonprotected cell. Check the following link: http://www.dereelight.com/pills.htm The 3SD module is my personal favorite, but you would have to drive it with a 17670 cell.

layzieyez

Newly Enlightened
I received my CL1H V3 R2 yesterday, and I tried putting the P60 sized reflector/LED pill assembly into my Ultrafire 502B this morning. What a big difference! It turned my marginally OK light into a pretty dang killer light. Is there a cheaper P60 host anywhere? I'm going to have to order more reflectors and pills. Sigh.

Oh, I forgot, I managed to navigate to separate reflectors and pills on the website and placing the items in my cart.

You can access the available pills from the "Products & Upgrades" section, but the way to access reflectors is through "Cree Drop-in Modules" and from there hit the "Reflectors" portion of the UPGRADES section. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

bspofford

Enlightened
Is there a cheaper P60 host anywhere? I'm going to have to order more reflectors and pills.

Check the thread on P60 hosts. I think the SuperFire xenon at about $9 from DX (sku#903) may be the cheapest, and it is a nice little 2XCR123A light. I recently picked up some Huntlight FT01X SE lights with HAIII finish and AR glass for only $24.49 at LightHound. They included a lanyard and leather holster. The CL1H remains my favorite in terms of build quality.

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened
I know that the RC-E4 (2X16340 & 1X17670) takes P60 modules. Are you certain that the RC-M4 also takes P60 modules?

I ordered a Dereelight CL1H v3 with additional reflector and two DI R2-dropins recently (one was thought for my DBS), but as one of these dropins was much on the yellowish side, I decided to keep my old 3SD Q5 pill in the DBS, and put that dropin with the additional reflector in a RC-M4. Works flawlessly :wave:

bspofford

Enlightened
I ordered a Dereelight CL1H v3 with additional reflector and two DI R2-dropins recently (one was thought for my DBS), but as one of these dropins was much on the yellowish side, I decided to keep my old 3SD Q5 pill in the DBS, and put that dropin with the additional reflector in a RC-M4. Works flawlessly :wave:

Does the RC-M4 handle a protected 18650 or only unprotected? Thanks!

bspofford

Enlightened
This morning I put a new MTE Q5 1-mode P60 in an RC-E4 (2X16340). It works well, and the hi > off > med > off 2-mode switch is nice. The only negative is that the glass doesn't have a retaining ring and can come loose when changing modules. The MTE fits perfectly, but some modules are snug and have to be pushed out from below.

bspofford

Enlightened
I'm only using protected 18650s, tried TrustFire, UltraFire, Tenergy. All do fit.

Thanks for the quick response! It seems like the RC-M4 would make a good host for multimode modules like the DereeLight 3SD or DI. The RC-E4 is OK with one-mode modules like the MTE Q5.

layzieyez

Newly Enlightened
I might end up picking this thing up:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.976 if it will take the P60. The 1SM-2 maxes out at 16V so wouldn't it be able to take 4 X RCR123A unlike the 14V Xenon bulb it comes with? The head looks similar to the aforementioned Superfire $9 Xenon. Does anyone out there own this light?

Edit:
After doing some searching, found out it is a D26 which is equal to P60.

Last edited: