more punch then the P3D Q5

joe2004

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys how are you.

I have a quick question I have the P3D Q5 and I love it wish I new about this types of flashlight long time ago.

My question is this is there another flash light that in similar Size that allot Brighter then this one? I know Fenix makes one that 220 Lumens but I mean BRIGHTER AND STRONGER in similar size or a little bigger?

Thanks

quatra2008

Newly Enlightened
the q5 is the most powerful single emitter at the moment as far as i know other than the upcoming surefire u2b emitter (cant wait) or the ostar. the only difference is going to be the way the beam is focused. i.e. tiablo a8/9 vs. p3d q5. in my opinion you already own one of the best edc flashlights produced. i own one and it is my edc above my sf kroma, 6pd(with bog q5 of course), e1l, e2d, fenix p1d xre or tiablo a1.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the price, build and brightest, there isnt really anything out there in the market, stock. Soon here might be brighter lights oweing to the emmitnent release of thr R2 bins, but they are not so much brighter that you need to buy them right away.

Crenshaw

IMSabbel

Enlightened
Hi guys how are you.

I have a quick question I have the P3D Q5 and I love it wish I new about this types of flashlight long time ago.

My question is this is there another flash light that in similar Size that allot Brighter then this one? I know Fenix makes one that 220 Lumens but I mean BRIGHTER AND STRONGER in similar size or a little bigger?

Thanks

Depends on what you mean with "stronger".

The P3D still has a pretty small reflector.
The same 200 lumen from a mag-size reflector could feel quite a bit "stronger".

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
As IMSabbel said, "stronger" could mean at least a couple of things.

If you mean total light output (measured in lumens), the answer is no. The P3D CE is using just about the most efficient LED available today, and running it at near its maximum rating. So no other single-LED light of any size will put out a significantly greater total amount of light, despite the inflated claims made by many manufacturers and dealers.

If you mean the brightness of the main beam (measured in candelas, or lux at one meter), the problem becomes one of getting the light more tightly focused. Generally, this requires a reflector which is deeper and/or larger diameter, or perhaps an optical lens (optic). The Lumapower D-Mini has a reflector that's nearly twice the diameter of the P3D, but is shorter overall, and it has a much brighter spot than the P3D. But whether or not you'd call it "smaller" or "brighter" depends on your definitions.

c_c