• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Can the AMC Mule use the 2-stage McClicky?

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if the AMC Mule is capable of housing the 2-stage McE2S McClicky? :shrug:

If so, has anyone done it and what is involved?

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Names are confusing and I don't know what a 2-stage McClicky is but guess it's a mod of some sort? No idea on answer but my guess would be not compatible.

Scottiver

Enlightened
The Mc2Es and the McClickie are two different tailcaps.
The Mc2Es is a twisty that uses a resistor for the low mode.
I have one with what I think is a 10ohm resistor and it does work if I put my EN Mule head on an E1 body and it puts out maybe 3-5 lumens on low.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about the confusion. I guess I should have kept it simple without the hybrid nomenclature:grin2:. My question is: Can the new AMC Mule's tail switch be changed or modified to have 2 levels?

coldass

Newly Enlightened
I belive this was discussed here.

That says the 'oil can mule' and is not specific as to what this is for the uninitiated

. I am confused about this also. So, like the OP I'd like to know if the Aleph McClickie Mule (is this an 'Oil Can') can have a 2-stage switch added?

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know of any way to do it, besides getting a multi-stage LE. I have a GDuP and a FluPIG Light Engine and they work great with the stock clickie.

schiesz

Brightboy1

Newly Enlightened
The Oil Can Mule indeed refers to one of the two variants of the latest Aleph McClicky-Mule or AMc-Mule wave. The two finish optiosn are regular EN nickle finish and black nickle finish.

Don says in describing the new black nickle finish that it is, "mottled, distressed, milky, bronzed, aged darkened copper, crankcase oil [emphasis added]...." hence the black nickle finish has come to aquire the nickname of oil can, motor oil, etc...

I second what schiesz says that the GDuP works great in this mule and gives a wonderful three stage light.

coldass

Newly Enlightened
The Oil Can Mule indeed refers to one of the two variants of the latest Aleph McClicky-Mule or AMc-Mule wave. The two finish optiosn are regular EN nickle finish and black nickle finish.
I second what schiesz says that the GDuP works great in this mule and gives a wonderful three stage light.

Ah. This makes sense now. I am learning the Aleph world. It would seem the driver is the best place to make it multi stage then. I am waiting for the GDuP to build my AMc-Mule EN.