I SWEAR I thought it was a tailswitch!

mckevin

Enlightened
So here I am wandering the aisles at Shot when I come upon the Tigerlight booth. Sure I've heard of them, but never having seen one I hadn't paid much attention.

The barrel switch seemed oddly placed, but it lit up nicely. Then there's the tail switch... Yep, I pressed it while looking to see what lit up differently and blasted the poor guy manning the booth square in the chest with what turned out to be (thank God) inert gas. Scared the bejeebers out of both of us!

Fortunately he was a good sport about it, and tried to make me feel not quite like such an idiot, but I still slunk (is that a word?) off with my tail between my legs without having the nerve to ask to see the new LED model.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL
Great story!

I guess there is a reason why they have inert gas in the demo models. The people manning the booths probably got feed up really quicklike on unsuspecting customers who pressed the wrong button.
Really, it's a very understandable misstake, how many people expect a flashlight not to lit up but shooting a healthy dose of pepperspray when they push a button. :grin2:

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, if they want to put a loaded canister of inert spray in the demo light. . .

djblank87

Enlightened
Good story and do not feel bad, some of my fellow co-workers who do not understand the meaning when I tell them to not touch the tail cap area at all.........

Well you see were this is going, you guessed it, he got blasted with Sabre for a brief second and then was weeping in pain for sometime.

I was not to upset about anything other than he dropped my TL on the ground and put a non-combative scar in it. :rolleyes:

It's horrible to have a light that has a fake scar on it........but at least I have three TL and two are workers/on duty lights and one is a shelf king/house duty light.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Good story and do not feel bad, some of my fellow co-workers who do not understand the meaning when I tell them to not touch the tail cap area at all.........

Well you see were this is going, you guessed it, he got blasted with Sabre for a brief second and then was weeping in pain for sometime.

I was not to upset about anything other than he dropped my TL on the ground and put a non-combative scar in it. :rolleyes:

It's horrible to have a light that has a fake scar on it........but at least I have three TL and two are workers/on duty lights and one is a shelf king/house duty light.

That's comedy. What did he say to you the next day? Does he cringe at the sight of it? :crackup:

-Evan

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dropped a demo Dozier knife before. The handle wasn't attached to the rest of it and the blade ended up stuck in the table

Patriot

Flashaholic
LOL!! That was a good story. It sounds like something I'd do. :sssh:

I'm sure that's why it was just filled with gas and I'll bet that you weren't the first or last person curious about that button. Also, at least you got him in the chest and not the face or something...lol. I think that would have been worse.

djblank87

Enlightened
That's comedy. What did he say to you the next day? Does he cringe at the sight of it? :crackup:

-Evan

He had never felt the effects of O.C. spray before in his life so he was as I put it very shaken up and went into instant panic attack mode. :faint:

The next day I was pulling a few light out of my locker and I picked up the TL and a 2D Mag ROP and I asked him which one did he want to play with today? :nana:

He just said in language not CPF approved: "I don't wanna use any of your F****** lights ever again". :huh:

Lightguy27

Enlightened
He had never felt the effects of O.C. spray before in his life so he was as I put it very shaken up and went into instant panic attack mode. :faint:

The next day I was pulling a few light out of my locker and I picked up the TL and a 2D Mag ROP and I asked him which one did he want to play with today? :nana:

He just said in language not CPF approved: "I don't wanna use any of your F****** lights ever again". :huh:

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

-Evan

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Three cheers for inert gas practice canisters. :laughing:

I'm modding a Cobra Stunlight for a fellow flashaholic. The OC button is protected by a spring-loaded cover which, when lifted, activates a laser as an aiming aid. The cover is labeled "Caution Tear Gas." No surprises there!

djblank87

Enlightened
The cover is labeled "Caution Tear Gas." No surprises there!

:crackup::crackup:

On my TL's where it states "Caution Pepper Spray" I cover that area with a printed label that has my laundry mark on it, plus I do have them laser engraved with my last name. But I do not want anyone to know there is pepper spray in the end of the light so I cover the warning.

Maybe if I would have not had the label on there my co-worker would of read the warning and not blasted himself............:thinking::D.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was an issue of American Handgunner some time ago where one of the columnists goes to a police gear show with his dad (who was a long-time police officer).

As they stroll through the "tear gas" row, dad mumbles "ertelert, ertelert." Wha...? I guess his reasoning was if it's not "inert," it must be "ert." And when seeing a lot of can of pepper spray it set off the "ert-alert" in his head. Geddit??? ;-)