Where to get Fraen reflector?

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please if anyone can help, I need fraen reflectors for Cree Q2, what is the slimmest and smallest reflector by fraen and where to get them?

thanks

Last edited:

Flipside

Enlightened
I remember seeing that PhotonFanatic has these... Don't know what size, but you may want to look him up.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
have played around with then now.
imho there is only one reason to use them: when the space is very limited and/or to get a number of cheap reflectors for a multiemitter setup.

Compared to the 8 deg. Fraen optic, I would take the optic instead (and I dont linke optics anymore, since changing to reflectors some time ago)

if there is enough room and price does not count too much, my No.1 choice remains the Sandwich Shoppe McR 19 mm reflector (yes, the normal model), which makes a visibly brighter and nicer beam than both other devices (f.e. no rings, brighter hotspot, better transition spot <-> spill, "even" beam) - while the opening degrees are about equal on them

Last edited:

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
have played around with then now.
imho there is only one reason to use them: when the space is very limited and/or to get a number of cheap reflectors for a multiemitter setup.

Compared to the 8 deg. Fraen optic, I would take the optic instead (and I dont linke optics anymore, since changing to reflectors some time ago)

if there is enough room and price does not count too much, my No.1 choice remains the Sandwich Shoppe McR 19 mm reflector (yes, the normal model), which makes a visibly brighter and nicer beam than both other devices (f.e. no rings, brighter hotspot, better transition spot <-> spill, "even" beam) - while the opening degrees are about equal on them

thanks for the infos. yes i am looking for cheap and smallest possible optics/reclectors. will try cutter.

@LEDninja/Flipside: thanks.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
if these are polish colors in Your pic, You might also try here:

http://www.led-tech.de/de/High-Powe...ktor-fuer-Cree-XR-E-7%B0-LT-1209_106_110.html

FYI, if interrested:
(when You have read this, You already had to look at the pic, so even if not interrested ...) ;)

avo0xiwjbdzcw8dis.jpg

the cam was set on auto, the room light was ON. Prefocus taken, room light OFF, shot taken.
--> so the outcome of the pics is also a rough brightness comparison.

Focusing devices used (if one can not identify): Fraen 8 degrees, Fraen reflector, McR-XR 17, McR 19, McR 20
steps are 0.5 meters, 1 m, 2m, 4 m

again, what I was never able to "print" in pic: the spill of the optic is nearly non existent (better: non useable).

Last edited:

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those Frean 19mm reflectors are also available from the arrow electonics website. But if you live outside the USA the postage will kill the deal.

I contacted arrow in the UK who told me they will have them soon, that was around 2 months ago :sigh:

When I emailed Frean they gave me some details of the European agent based in Italy, but I didn't keep the email.

Wow Yellow nice pics, thanks for sharing.