Obscure Computer Question

clarky

Newly Enlightened
I am running a dell laptop, and have a Logitech V220 wireless mouse with the Logitech Setpoint software installed so that I can use the back and forward buttons on the wheel. The problem is that it has started going back to the TOP of the previous page, instead of where I left it, when the back button is used on the mouse. This normally wouldn't be a problem but it is especially annoying on CPF when browsing some of the lengthier (sp) forums. It doesn't do it when IE's back button is used, this is a recent problem that has just developed and I have tried reinstalling, cleaning the 'left-over' files, cleaning the registry and even found an older version of Setpoint to no avail... Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
Do you have the Logitech icon running running in your system tray? If so double click it and check what functions have been assigned to those buttons. The software should let you map any keystroke to any button.

clarky

Newly Enlightened
Mapping's not the problem...that's the first thing i do to assign the functions because they default to something else. The problem is when I use the button, when it goes back to the previous page, instead of going to the spot on the page (ie. half-way down) that I was at, it goes to the top of said previous page.

clarky

Newly Enlightened
Just changed the battery, no dice (has a ray of hope for a second with that one). Backspace works as it should...

clarky

Newly Enlightened
I already have, including trying several different versions of the software....

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
My fiancée had a problem with her Logitech wireless mouse after an update to the Setpoint software. Her solution was to uninstall the software completely and then reboot.

It turns out that the software was the source of the trouble, and the default plug & play settings worked fine. :shrug:

clarky

Newly Enlightened
Plug and play does work fine, but there is no way to designate the forward and back functions on the wheel with the default microsoft drivers.