MRV 4 mode switch

Audiowiz

Newly Enlightened
I have a Lumapower MRV and can't get it to give me more than one mode. On the website, it's explained in detail. They say to losen the engine 3/4 turn from the battery tube. I feel stupid. Any suggestions?

Patriot

Flashaholic
I have a Lumapower MRV and can't get it to give me more than one mode. On the website, it's explained in detail. They say to losen the engine 3/4 turn from the battery tube. I feel stupid. Any suggestions?

Both of mine are exactly 3/4 of a turn. I just tried them both. My thought is that the terminology isn't really correct. Instead of loosening the light engine from the head....loosen the battery compartment from the head and light engine. In other words, loosen it below the heat sink collar.

If you're already doing this and still getting only one mode, unscrew the battery compartment completely. Reach into the back of the light engine with your finger and try clicking that little copper button. If you can feel and hear it clicking that should mean that it's operating correctly.

The one last thing you can try is tightening the little black plastic disk down inside the heatsink collar that surround the button that you were just pressing. Use a small spanner or an icepick and try to turn the disk clockwise to tighten it. If it is loose it could be causing your problem.

If you need more detailed help with any of the above info just repost here or PM me.

:wave:

bspofford

Enlightened
Did you buy your MRV from DX? If you got their kit with an HAIII finish MRV, the body twist ring doesn't work. The "spare" clicky, is actually the two-stage switch that you need to exchange. Once you do this, you will have a two-mode clicky. I like this arrangement better than the body twist anyway.