ArmyTek        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever met a girl who was impressed with your light?

Default Ever met a girl who was impressed with your light?

Just happened to me.
    I was at a friend's place, and had emptied my pockets to be more comfortable. She first gave a squeeze to the fauxton, then grabbed the NDI and tried working it for a while. I told her to screw in the tailcap first, switch it on and screw in the head to get it to full power. She did just that, then played around with it for a minute while making comments suggesting she was rather impressed.
    She never asked for the price, though.
    Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Ever met a girl who was impressed with your light?

It was nighttime, and girlfriend was walking to the gate of her house. Pitch black outside. I decided to show her my new toy (l2d p4) for the first time by turning it on turbo, light hitting her from behind to help her find her way. Probably a poor choice of output mode. She froze in her tracks. I'll take that as a good impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallingwater View Post
    I was at a friend's place, and had emptied my pockets to be more comfortable. ...
    That's exactly what I do when I hang out at my gf's house. Wallet, keys, keychain tools, flashlightS, lint, etc. I am seriously thinking about picking one of these up when I don't have a baseball cap handy to catch my stuff: http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...&idproduct=587

...She never asked for the price, though.
    Okay, she's a keeper.

to Fallingwater --

Marry her, quick !

_

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess View Post
    to Fallingwater --

Marry her, quick !

_

+1 to that!

My current GF was very hyped up about my lights when we met. She now owns the following:

6P
    LOD CE
    Nuwai AA from Target
    Lightwave 4000
    PT Torrent
    "1 million cp" Vector spotlight

I guess it rubbed off on her.

Flashaholic*

My soon to be wife just started edc'ing, she has my P2D, makes me so proud
    List of flashlights that used to be here has been removed (by me) to save our search function. NOW USE IT.

Flashaholic*

Lol, my friend's sister is somewhat impressed by my lights. She espicially liked the 5761 though, because she could use it to keep warm outside at night. LMAO I gave her one of those free Lighthound keychain lights, because she complained about finding stuff in the dark. She was very impressed, and now keeps it on her keyring all the time.

Flashaholic

Bottom line is that any person that isn't keen on good lights is probably a cull.
    Let's throw a little light on the subject.

Ever met a girl who was impressed with your light?

Oh yes, my wife is really impressed with my credit card statements.....

My girlfriend was very impressed with my lights when I first presented my P1D-CE (P4)

But then she proceeded to reach under the bed and pull out a 2 million candle power spotlight and outshone my little Fenix! I just could not believe it!

Turned out that she has always liked flashlights, so I bought her a Fenix L0D-CE which she absolutely adores. She takes great pleasure in showing it off to everyone, demonstrating the brightness.

Still miffed about the spotlight embarrasment, I built a 6D ROP - haha! I was winning again! However, I didn't particularly like the size of the 6D, so I built a 2D. I decided that the 2D was so useful that I built another, which she promptly claimed as her own.

And now, on the run up to Valentine's day, I have a Lummi Wee NS 80 waiting for her. It was supposed to be a surprise but she forced the truth. The thought of 80 (emitter) lumens from something smaller than a CR123A cell has got her very excited.

...yes, I will marry her!

Ever met a girl who was impressed with your light?

Yes many times

R girls impressed by Barns gettin burned down by handheld lights? Thats Y I want two Barn Burners. OH DAM THIS WORLD. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I dont think so...My GF was not...My first really bright light was the P1D CE, that really amazed me, that size and that awesome power!
    I dont remember her even wrinkle her eyebrows...

Last year she changed her mind and wanted the P1D, so its her purse edc now! She came home one day and said a electrician had gotten amazed by the light!

My GFs friend (who is a girl) is some what gadget crazy, and kinda sounds like the little kid in one of the rambo movies -"can I have it"

I dont think she is amazed by my lights, rather that its a gadget...

I agree with the others! You might have find yourselves a darn good wife contestant!

Flashaholic

My wife is rather unimpressed by my lights, but somewhat impressed by my dedication to the hobby.

However, she doesn't roll her eyes at me when I show her stuff on the web that impresses *me* much the same as I don't roll mine when she presents scent #24594387 to me for inspection (she's a perfume junkie, damn near more expensive than lights!)

Flashaholic*

I think it's very rarely that they actually get really impressed, like say we would be when seing a bright light. Closest thing I have is a girl that said "Wow, that's bright" when seeing me use a Fenix L1D. And another one who wanted me to bet my Fenix L1P in a poker game, but I think it was more that she tought it looked cute than that see was impressed by the brightness when I used it for finding an escaped hamster during the game (long story).

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess View Post
    to Fallingwater --
    Marry her, quick !
    She had a huge crush on me a few years ago... but I never could see her as anything more than a friend, and I have a girlfriend already anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Patsplace View Post
    Bottom line is that any person that isn't keen on good lights is probably a cull.
    A what?
    Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

You guys are lucky, even my 5 Crees M@g mod @1.2A each doesnt impressed my Wife.
    M@g 623->633, M@g 250, M@g 5761, Penta Cree Q2 M@g (Maxflex), 35w HID Spotlight mod,
    M@g Aspherical Q5, M@g P7, Triple M@g P7(DW)

Flashaholic

My main squeeze isn't impressed by the brand of light or my collection. She's more impressed that I'm prepared for the DARK.

She's also been on the receiving end of various flashlight, headlamp and lantern gifts. She attests to the motto that you can't have enough flashlights. When shopping at Target she always reminds me to pass by the light section.

Phooey! In my life the responces range from nothing to

Although one lady that knew I was light crazy asked for a couple and uses them fairly often.
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2640/usflaghalfmastmdwht.gif

PBJS

Flashaholic*

People I've met camping have been impressed, and a number of them have gone out and gotten something. Several flight attendants got Dorcy 1xAAAs at my suggestion after they saw me using lights (to read) on planes. Family members don't count (lots of techies in my extended family...) as they got theirs for free and try to be kind to me.

Outside of that, not a lot. Most girls/women try to be polite so there's less obvious eye rolling, but also not much interest. I think the prices are a particular shock to them, which is why I keep looking among the cheap DX/Kai models to find something good in there (and I have, I think...).

Flashaholic*

yeah.

we are engaged now.

she is buying me a U2B. She only wants American made lights, so in trade I gave her my best L4 as EDC.

She is that awsome.
    "a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen." -Warren vs District of Columbia, after three women were raped, beaten for 14 hours and police never came after numerous 911 calls were placed

Back in 1999 - the day after I got my first "real" flashlight (Surefire 9p) 234 USD and at that time 7 USD for each 123A !!! (in Denmark) my sister lost one of her earrings in her car and asked me if I had some kind of flashlight she could use for searching. I was proud to introduce her to my new flashlight and I expected some kind of thumbs up reaction afterwards (!) she came back half an hour later, smiling (she found her earring) and mumbling... something about "changing the old batteries" ....

I have 5 sisters...at Christmas this last year I gave four of them homemade 3 c cell led lights. It was dark- so they all went outside and were comparing them to each other. Some were more powerful as I used different Led's: one Seoul on direct drive ( strong!), several Lux lll leds, and a K2. Sister # 5 didn't come yet...I have hers waiting.
    Striker VG, SL Scorpion Led, Huntlight FT01, Wolf Eyes 9 v Raider, D-Mini Lumapower, Drumlights, Surefire G2, Dereelight ,Ultrafire 500, Power on Board HID, Olight T 20 Q 5, Zebralight H-30, Nitecore EX 10, Eagletac T10C2, MTE P 7D, Icon Rogue 2

Hmmm................................... uh... no.
    --------------------
    JayS.

Probably half the people who see one of my lights in action are impressed. I think the other half don't understand what's happening.

My GF now EDCs the Lumapower 31 I gave her. She's told me stories of how handy it was, and how it saved the day. She also now does beamshots on the wall or ceiling when trying out a new light, and comments on how it looks. I had to keep her from upsetting the neighbors with her 4C Mag w/ Terralux drop-in.

She wasn't too happy when a bill was late and she picked up the mail with a DX delivery notice in it. Can't blame her.

No way! I hide all my collections from girls. I don't wanna look like I'm the "40 Years Old Virgin".

Quote Originally Posted by rizky_p View Post
    You guys are lucky, even my 5 Crees M@g mod @1.2A each doesnt impressed my Wife.
    Pretty much the same story here. My old lady has seen nearly everything (ROP,Mag85,numerous Fenix lights,Olight,HDS,) and none of them really impress her. If I'm lucky I get an unenthusiastic "that's pretty bright".
    I will say that she was impressed by the appearance of the Raidfire Spear. She thought it looked pretty cool.

There are girls who are very interested in the lights area. I happen to know at least two... BTW, isn't Sasha, the founder of this forum a girl?
    "The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long."

Blue CREE Aspherical Mag | UV & IR Elly Mod

10-4 to that good buddy! But I'm not quite sure she founded it...

But I know she runs it (with an iron hand - and that's a good thing!)
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2640/usflaghalfmastmdwht.gif

PBJS

Enlightened

Not necessarily impressed, but kind of proud.
    I was at a restaurant tonight with my girlfriend and a couple of firends. The restaurant people were having a bit of a problem with the sound system for the dance floor. One of them said something about needing a flashlight and my girlfriend poked me in the side telling me I should lend them mine. After a moment or two I lend them my Fenix L1D Q5 set to turbo and I can't help to think it was probably too bright for them. Also when returning it to me the guy I lent it to tried to turn it off by turning the bezel... Why am I not suprised?

funny thing is, when i hand people a twistie, they look for the switch, these days, i lend out a clicky, and they twist the head...

sure they are impressed, +100 impressed points for the bright, they are equally stunned at the price (-100 impress points) so...square one..lol

Crenshaw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast