Fenix L2P v2.0 head on L1P body?

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this going to work? Lighthound still has the L2P v2.0 and the 1P bodies. Will the two-stage output work w/the shorter tube (forgive me if this is a stupid question, I'm a newbie.) Also, Lighthound lists it as having a 1 watt Luxeon, but the review on Flashlight Reviews has it in the 3 watt Luxeon II section, so I was wondering if it was a 3 watt LED, would the single AA cell be too weak to drive it properly?

I looked around and saw several threads on the L1P and L2P and switching the head from one body to the other, but no mention of the L2P v2.0 head on a L1P body.

It seem to me this would be quite a nice, versatile setup.

phosphor

Enlightened
As far as I know....there are no Fenix L1P/L2P v2 series lights. I wonder if you mean the L1T/L2T v2 series ?

Unfortunately the L1T/L2Tv2 heads are not compatible with the old
L1T/L2T and L1P. The v2 heads have the same dimensions of the new "D" lights L1D, L2D and P2D ( but not the P3D ). Assuming you bought/own a L2T v2, you would need to purchase separately a L1D body ( the Fenix Store sells them for around $18 ). Then you would have the versatility you are seeking.
Of course you could purchase a P2D body as well......and then have the ability, with all the various compnents, to "make" a 1xAA, 2xAA, or CR123A flashlight !

- regards

Last edited:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, I think it's the L2P that Lighthound is selling. Whether it's a v2.0 or just an L2P, well, I couldn't tell you. It isn't the L2T, though. BatteryJunction also has the L2P (though they don't refer to a v2.0 version). I thought the L1P and L2P series lights used the same head, though the L2P had circuitry for high and low settings, and that both would fit the L-P body tubes. I thought the L-T series lights used different heads and body tubes, so they would not interchange with L-P series components.

But, I could be wrong.

Is it just me, or are Fenix model numbers somewhat perplexing?

blademan

Enlightened
You can buy the L1-T 1 aa body and be fine or you can buy the L1-S body if you like the looks.

phosphor

Enlightened
I thought the L1P and L2P series lights used the same head, though the L2P had circuitry for high and low settings, and that both would fit the L-P body tubes. I thought the L-T series lights used different heads and body tubes, so they would not interchange with L-P series components.

But, I could be wrong.
You are correct ! The LxP head will fit on either size L-P body tube.

I have obviously mis-read your original question, and fear rather than bringing some clarity, I have only further confused your understanding. My apologies !

- regards

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The L2P V2.0 is the newer version of the L2P with two modes unlike the L2P which is a 1 mode light.

The L2P would work on the L1P body(at lowered output) but it is not recommended to put the L1P head on the L2P body.