Need a specific thrower...

wojtek_pl

Enlightened
Hi,

hence Lumapower MRV Digital is somewhat dim on single 18650 I'm looking for a throw light...

1. Must have CREE Q2 or better LED.
2. Must fully utilize that Q2 (over 200 lumens) from single 18650.
3. Must have about 2 hours runtime to 50% preferably with flat regulation.
4. Must be waterproof (not a diving light, but I don't want to be afraid to put it in the creek or puddle).
5. Heavy (solid) build to be idiot-proof with HA III coating. General quality better than Fenix.
6. Must have one stage switch. I don't really care for low mode.
7. Must have mineral glass with AR coating (and scratch proof like UCL).
8. Price not more than $150. I'm not ready to pay more yet...

That's it for now...

Any ideas ?
Tiablo A9 but it has dual stage switch... Anything else ?

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
There may be single stage switch options for the Tiablo, check those out. That and the Dereelight DBS are at the top of the heap for 1x18650 super throwers right now.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 The Dereelight DBS V2. You can pick from a bunch of different digital pills(max input of 4.2v) optimized for a 18650, depending on your needs. The current emitter is a Q5. Upgrading one is as easy as changing a battery. Here's a link to the different pills. http://www.dereelight.com/module-list.htm

Last edited:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, Dereelight DBS is the king of the hill when it comes to throw (lux at 1m), and there are plenty of configurations, so you might find your perfect one.
Tiablo is also an excellent choice (there are two versions, one optimized for 18650 and one for CR123).
And then you have the Raidfire Spear also.
Good luck!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Dereelight is a good choice. It would also be easier to upgrade when the newer LEDs come out.

Scourie

Enlightened
I'm very impressed with the Raidfire Spear. It's got the functionality, power and build quality that I was looking for. My Tiablo A8 and A9 Q5's are great flashlights, but the Spear is my EDC.

Rob

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for the Dereelight DBS v2. You can get a 1SD Q5 WC pill, only 1 stage, full power. Run time maybe more about 1.5 hours on max.

I'm not sure how scratch resistent the lens is, but it is AR coated on both sides.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another DBS V2 vote hear...I love mine :grin2: Get the 1SD pill for one mode and you will be all set, it doesn't hurt that it is the brightest of them all as well(super throwers that is).

Latest posts