fenix forward clicky?

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
My fenix wasn't tailstanding, so I decided to trim the post on the switch. Oops, too much- it no longer clicks! Now I'm undoing the tail cap to turn it off, so I need a new switch. Thought I'd take the opportunity to upgrade to a forward clicky- so, where can I get them from? I've tried the usual sites (i'm UK based), but with no luck- it seems that forward clickies are very niche. If it's not possible, I'll just throw in the switch assembly with an lod from fenixstore, but it'd be nice to have a forward clicky (and I know some people have done it)

Last edited:

copierguy_mobile

Newly Enlightened
What Fenix do you want a forward clickie for?

I've got one of the discontinued L1T v.2 forward clickies if it will fit your light. It works fine, only clicked 5-10 times. I just prefer the shorter reverse clickie tailcap, so it went in a drawer.

-Greg

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, should have mentioned. It's an l2d. Would really like your switch, but I think postage to the UK might be a killer, depending on where you're based. Being the V2, I think it should fit, can anyone confirm this?

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch itself will fit inside any of the LXP, LXT, PXD and LXD series tailcaps, and you will need the button cover also--it is different than the cover on the reverse clicky.

The entire tailcap will fit LXP, LXT, and LXD series lights, but is a different size than the PXD series.

copierguy_mobile

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, should have mentioned. It's an l2d. Would really like your switch, but I think postage to the UK might be a killer, depending on where you're based. Being the V2, I think it should fit, can anyone confirm this?

Jarl,

The Group opinion seems to be that it will fit. It's yours if you want it, send me a PM. I'm in Atlanta, GA so I'm not sure about shipping, but I'll check.

If Jarl opts out, Nake your next on the list. I'll shoot you a PM if he does not want it.

Attached is a picture of the tailcap. The extra boot is off the reverse clickie and is there for comparison only. The forward boot is rounded on the top, so I'm not sure it will tailstand even if you shorten the post.

medicmerlynn

Newly Enlightened
anyone know if they make a forward clickie for the P3D Q5 while we're on this subject? i'd just like to have one to have the option....