Need a thrower flashlight in the 50 to 60gr weight range.

trek551

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone! I'm new to CPF. I'm in the process of bulding a 3 flashlight system for my bicycle rides. I will install them on my helmet so weight is an issue. I have 2 Fenix P3D Q5s and a Solarforce L2 Q5. The wide beam of the P3D is well matched with the tighter beem of the Solarforce. The coronas overlap each others. The SF L2 Q5 is heavy though.

Is there a 200+lumens led flashlight on the market with a tighter beam (4 to 6 degrees) with a 2 cr123a body in the 50 to 60gr range?

Or has anyone tried to change the reflector in the p3d to a smooth/tighter beam succesfully?

Thank you for your help.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
trek551 :welcome: that is a big ask,since 2xRCR batteries weigh around 35grms.even a JetII mk3 v2 weighs 78grms with one battery,saying that it would fit your bill with a SMO reflector.

trek551

Newly Enlightened
My mistake. OK so in the 80 to 100gr range including batteries?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Well, the best throwing stock LED light that I know of, the Dereelight DBS, weights in at 200g(probably empty). In your range, you are looking at something smaller then most 18650 lights.

Any reason why you are looking at a light by weight?

:welcome:

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiablo MA6 weighs 120g and Dereelight CL1H v3 weighs 110g. The former is a bit bigger and throwier. Both have a ton more throw than a P3D, but are a bit bigger too. Weights are for empty lights.

andylondon

Newly Enlightened
You could try an Olight T10 Q5. It's a mini thrower, but only uses 1 x CR123a. I know it's not exactly what you are looking for, the only other option is to pop an aspheric lens into your P3D Q5 turning it into a thrower.

steve_vance

Enlightened
My mistake. OK so in the 80 to 100gr range including batteries?

For us Americans still suffering under an antiquated system of weights and measures, that's 1.5-2.1 ounces.

Pardon me for being nosey, but why so light?

IMHO it's hard to balance runtime, output & durability at that kind of weight.

trek551

Newly Enlightened
I'm building a remote battery (6volts nimh) 3 lights system for bicycling, trekking and XC skiing. The light will be on my head so weight is an issue. Aspheric lens is new to me. Where do I look for them? how can I pop them into the P3D?

Thank you for your answers.