Is there a single RCR123A light that accepts D26 drop-ins?

Kraid

Enlightened
Looking for a light that I can put 1x RCR123A in and power a Wolf-Eyes Q5 drop-in.

Kraid

Enlightened
Yeah, I was just noticing they're awfully hard to find. So, what is this conversion ring?

spoonrobot

Enlightened
The Pentagonlight X1 will accept 26mm assemblies and they will function with no issues.

However,

It is designed for 27mm assemblies but only needs a thin collar made of card stock to take up the rattle in the head.

The tube should accept RCR123A cells, you may want someone with a more common Pentagon model to confirm this since their entire line of lights share the same inside dimension battery tubes.

pbs357

Enlightened
To use an E-series (Surefire) body and tailcap to fuel a C-series bezel, you need an E to C adapter. I have a Surefire E1L body + Z57 tailcap + E to C adapter + G2 bezel. I do this to run a Dereelight Q5 module and an rcr123. Makes for a nice tiny blaster! You can get an adapter from tncproducts.com. Reliable, fast shipper.

Kraid

Enlightened
Think I found a 3P! Now to get some AW RCR123As. 3.6V vs 3.7 shouldn't make much difference, right?

Also, seeing as how this is a WE going into a SF, will it matter that WE doesn't use springs?

Last edited:

Kraid

Enlightened
Also, I think I saw somewhere that someone upgraded their 3p to have a Z57 tailcap? Is that the right model and what does that gain for you?

Kraid

Enlightened
I'm talking to myself! Lol! I'm a madman renegade with my own thread! AHHHHH!!!!!
LALALA!!! *Runs around in circles!*

(Too much coffee?)

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
My personal opinion? Z41, or look for a RPM or Leef tailcap that takes the McClickie. I am growing to hate surefire clickies.

I have heard, however, that the z49 uses a different mechanism than the z57 and z59. So if you really wanted to use a surefire clickie, i'd look for a z49.

schiesz

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Z49 is big, though. I use a Z48 on a 1x18500 Leef body, and Z44 bezel with a WE drop-in. Works great, but it's a clunker.
You will need the "Surefire spring" for the drop-in(a $1 option at pacific tactical).

Kraid

Enlightened
I think the Leef/McClicky sounds like a good idea.
Owen, would you think the spring off of a Lumens Factroy E0-4 would work?