Goodies I picked up at the Shot Show:

steve_vance

Enlightened
Streamlight Super-Tac (had this a week before the show)
New 150-lumen Inova T3
Upgraded QIII ( with Rebel, now called Q-100)
Central Tools Flashflood
New LRI Proton-Pro Cree handheld
Petzl E-Lite (not that new)
Pentagon Molle light in Glow Orange
Streamlight "nano" mini-light
Peak First Responder 3-Cree 400-lumen handheld (ordered, on the way)

AND for funsies I won a Surefire M4 at the CPF party (after PK got me to drink 6 shots)

Also picked up several custom knives incl. a Chris Reeve, two Harseys and a Mil-Tac (ex Mission Knives), as well as a bunch of Kershaw-Ken Onion and a Zero Tolerance fixed blade.

BTW the CPF party was great! Nice meeting a bunch of you there. Met Sasha for the first time- any of you who don't know her husband, get to know him, he's a great guy.

Last edited:

Draven451

Enlightened
Steve,

Sounds like you had a really good time at the Shot Show. Nice lights to add to your collection. Try to take some pictures if you can to show us! :grin2:

pbs357

Enlightened
Boy, Nuwai sure wasn't in a hurry to get that Q100 out eh? Since it's announcement last year, most QIII diehards have already modded to Q5 Cree! Hopefully it will be priced to motivate some new sales, and they haven't missed the boat. How do you like the Q100?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight Super-Tac (had this a week before the show)
New 150-lumen Inova T3
Upgraded QIII ( with Rebel, now called Q-100)
Central Tools Flashflood
New LRI Proton-Pro Cree handheld
Petzl E-Lite (not that new)
Pentagon Molle light in Glow Orange
Streamlight "nano" mini-light
Peak First Responder 3-Cree 400-lumen handheld (ordered, on the way)

AND for funsies I won a Surefire M4 at the CPF party (after PK got me to drink 6 shots)

Also picked up several custom knives incl. a Chris Reeve, two Harseys and a Mil-Tac (ex Mission Knives), as well as a bunch of Kershaw-Ken Onion and a Zero Tolerance fixed blade.

BTW the CPF party was great! Nice meeting a bunch of you there. Met Sasha for the first time- any of you who don't know her husband, get to know him, he's a great guy.

Great stuff! I've just ordered a Zero Tolerance 121. Did you pay the full MRSP?

BTW, congrats on winning the M4. And please, tell us more about the new Inova...

steve_vance

Enlightened

BTW, congrats on winning the M4. And please, tell us more about the new Inova...

I too bought an 0121.... got it brand new as a show special for way cheap (a little less than 50% off the the MSRP of $235)

where did you order yours? I had dinner in Vegas with the guy who is probably the largest internet knife dealer in the U.S.- Howard from knifecenter of the internet.... www.knifecenter.com
I have found his prices and service tobe excellent. Notwithstranding occasional show specials that I "fall into", I order EVERYTHING I buy from him. Unfortunately, kershaw only gives the ZT line to military/LE distributors and they don't discount very much.

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need to use a hosting site. Several are popular. I use : http://photobucket.com/?link=topmenu
after you sign up...you upload a picture ( first set it to 800 x 600 or 640 x 480 in size) to photobucket. Then after you figure how to do that!...you go back to the photo on their site, and there will be 4 choices by the picture. Left click on the one that says "direct copy"- and your cut and paste will store that link.
Now you go back to CPF- and choose new post ( not the quick post).
after you put in a few words...look along the the top and you will see all kinds of buttons . Point at them until you find the one that posts pictures. It's a square block...a little past middle. When you click on it..a box will come up...with a type in window that will have HTTP: already there. now just point to the window and right click...choose paste...
the link from photobucket will enter the window...now click ok. The picture will appear in your post.
If you post more than one photo- you have to go back and forth- so don't close the photobucket- just keep hitting the direct link for each new photo.
To get the photo's to separate- after a photo downloads- hit the down arrow on your keyboard ( I think twice) then the return key once or twice. Now you can put in text and then another photo. Otherwise the photos will run touching each other, and no room for text between them.
You can go to the section that say practice posting, and play around!
Good luck!

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
II had dinner in Vegas with the guy who is probably the largest internet knife dealer in the U.S.- Howard from knifecenter of the internet.... www.knifecenter.com
I have found his prices and service tobe excellent. Notwithstranding occasional show specials that I "fall into", I order EVERYTHING I buy from him.

I order a lot of things from Knifecenter as well. I'm also in Bucks County and I usually get my order the next day from Knifecenter with regular UPS ground. :) I think I ordered around 5-6pm one time and had it the next morning. They must get a late pick up. :)

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Steve,
What's your thoughts so far on your FlashFlood? I've had one for a few months now and like it but do sometimes wish it were somewhat brighter but that's really not it's intent. It's an immediate area floodlight or a walking light. Still, it would be just about perfect with a brighter beam. ;)

My main complaint is I wish it would accept a Pila or a 17670 cell which it will not. That would make it even more useful.

Owning one of CentraLED's fabulous worklights, it really is versatile in that you can swap heads in an emergency.

All in all it's a very well built light and the easy, twisty brightness control is a BIG plus! Also, CentraLED's service is second to none and their representative Steve Offiler, ("soffiler" here on CPF), is one of the nicest folks on CPF! :)

EDIT: By the way, this thing was MADE for glowrings! :)
FlashFloodGlowrings.jpg

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Care to comment of the E+LITE? I was hoping to pick one up sometime in the coming weeks...

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea if the Q100 is using the same stock circuit as the Q3? What is the beam of your new Inova like? I'm waiting for those to become available.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too bought an 0121.... got it brand new as a show special for way cheap (a little less than 50% off the the MSRP of $235)

where did you order yours? I had dinner in Vegas with the guy who is probably the largest internet knife dealer in the U.S.- Howard from knifecenter of the internet.... www.knifecenter.com
I have found his prices and service tobe excellent. Notwithstranding occasional show specials that I "fall into", I order EVERYTHING I buy from him. Unfortunately, kershaw only gives the ZT line to military/LE distributors and they don't discount very much.

I ordered mine from Knife Works ( www.knifeworks.com ). Excellent store with a gazillion models to choose from. Paid almost full MSRP tho... I much prefer to buy from Lighthound, but their knife selection is pitiful.
:(

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened

As a member of the military, I get a 50% discount off of ALL Kershaw and Zero Tolerance knives... can't beat it... hehehehe.

Suggestion... join the military... :nana:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Steve care to tell us how the Inova switches modes? Is it a standard clickie interface? Thanks