Surefire Titan T1A

Scorpionboy

Newly Enlightened
Is anyone else as excited about this as I am?

I love my little Fenix LOD CE on my keys, but I never thought surefire would jump into the keychain light market. Anyone speculate a price for it yet? I can't see it being above $200 at most.

Talas

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't call it "keychain sized." I have a Titan and to me it's more pocket sized while a Fenix LOD is a better fit on my keyring. Plus, the T1A will be slightly larger than the original.

LA OZ

Enlightened
I must control my impulse. Surefire is killing us with all these new torches. I however is very interested in the T1A and hope the price is reasonable.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I am excited about a lot of the new lights Surefire has in their 2008 catalog, there are only two or three that I actually plan on buying. The Titan is one of them, a new UA2 or UB2 will probably be the other, and I might upgrade some of my older incan SF's with a P60L and P61L.

jasonp

Newly Enlightened
I'll be gettin one..and one of those 200lm baby's too.

Last edited:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tough question is where in the EDC universe would this new Titan fit?

With a 1xCR123A formfactor, it wouldn't really be a key chain light (I am thinking in that formfactor, the P1D Fenix is just about the largest acceptable size, and with the latest Q4 offerings for key-chain lights even the P1D or some equivalent is unnecesssary).

On the other hand, once you go to an EDC use with a fatter (CR123A) size, you start comparing the Titan not to the other key-chain lights (i.e., the 1xAAA lights), but to lights that can include programmable capability (OK, here the Titan is at least as good), be tougher/military grade, and have much higher outputs (where the Titan lags the comparators).

One solution might be "neck carry", and I guess that would be a natural niche for this light, on the other hand, how many of us carry lights that way under normal circumstances (I don't).

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tough question is where in the EDC universe would this new Titan fit?

With a 1xCR123A formfactor, it wouldn't really be a key chain light (I am thinking in that formfactor, the P1D Fenix is just about the largest acceptable size, and with the latest Q4 offerings for key-chain lights even the P1D or some equivalent is unnecesssary).

On the other hand, once you go to an EDC use with a fatter (CR123A) size, you start comparing the Titan not to the other key-chain lights (i.e., the 1xAAA lights), but to lights that can include programmable capability (OK, here the Titan is at least as good), be tougher/military grade, and have much higher outputs (where the Titan lags the comparators).

One solution might be "neck carry", and I guess that would be a natural niche for this light, on the other hand, how many of us carry lights that way under normal circumstances (I don't).

It is listed in the catalog as the same size as the Nautilus or an 18650 Battery. Often, I don't want to clip a light to my pocket and the smaller the light, the better if it is rolling around in my pocket. For me, the question is not where will the Titan fit in as an EDC, but where will my other lights fit in when the Titan arrives. My PD and HDS sized lights might start feeling a little too big.

Regarding keychain use; the original Titan fit o.k. and my Nautilus feels a little too big so I am guessing that the Titan will be just a little too big for a keychain for me.

The Titan is nearly perfect in my opinion as a CR123 sized light... if there was one feature that I wish that it possessed, would be a momentary on at the highest output level and of course a strobe... just kidding about the strobe.

scottaw

Enlightened
I'm really excited to see this light, but imho it's been awhile since the original titan, how about a nice emitter upgrade for this one? 0-120 lumens? I'd pay almost any asked price.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really excited to see this light, but imho it's been awhile since the original titan, how about a nice emitter upgrade for this one? 0-120 lumens? I'd pay almost any asked price.

I believe it has a nice emitter (SSC), it just isn't run as hard as many others.

This is the only light I am really looking foward too. This bumped the new ARC and HDS off the list.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If we consider that T1A was not present at the SHOT Show and that there is not even an actual picture of it on the 2008 catalogue but just an outline drawing I am afraid that we have a long long wait in front of us.....possibly as long as the one for the titanium Titan. :rolleyes:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
If we consider that T1A was not present at the SHOT Show and that there is not even an actual picture of it on the 2008 catalogue but just an outline drawing I am afraid that we have a long long wait in front of us.....possibly as long as the one for the titanium Titan. :rolleyes:

Did you miss pg 3,22 and 23?

I'm sure something in the catalog won't come out in '08. I hope it's something else though. :p

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would expect with SF's current rush to produce, (new lights showing up online for sale soon) the T1A should be out within a month or two, and probably hit the $150 price range. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but that's pretty much where I expect it to land.

Scorpionboy

Newly Enlightened
After visiting EDC forums in the past a few times, this light could easily be a keychain light imo, compared to some of the things people will put on the keychains. It would be a little bulky, but that seems to me like it would make it more easy to use(Comfortable in the hand) than some of the smaller one out there on the market.

Steven

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something doesn't quite add up in the measurements.
The original Titan is 3.15" long but the new T1A is 3.0" long.
:thinking:

Latest posts