New improved Lambda Illuminator - What's NEW?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
New improved Lambda Illuminator - What\'s NEW?

Does anyone know? His site sayst that it is new, and will be on sale on March 22nd.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Re: New improved Lambda Illuminator - What\'s NEW?

Bruce,

I'll have a production model to review in about a day or two...hey, that rhymes.

B@rt

Flashaholic

Looking at the specs on this page, the dc/dc converter is improved, and has a moon mode now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
The glass lens, gold plated anode contact, and holster are other things that have changed.

I will probably have missed some, but those are the first things I noticed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone else frustrated that Lambda has all these web pages, but no useful index.html so you can see a full list of them?

Please, lamba, at least allow a directory listing...

Floating Spots

Enlightened

How about the differences between standard and professional?
Obviously the cost, but what else?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast

radellaf,

I've been forced to reduce my web site to one page. Just no time to maintain it. And I've still got to fix the links in the mod data base, etch these new circuits, punch new heatsinks, sort Luxeons, etc...

"New improved Lambda Illuminator - What's NEW?"

Yes, a new super efficient converter with moon mode, gold plated anode contact, new 'no farkel' assembly process, but the glass lens and holster have been standard for a while.

The difference between the Pro Series and Standard Illuminator is the Pro Series uses select BIN Q4 Luxeons selected for brightness and pure white color. It is intended for serious applications where true color rendition is important; such as security officers checking IDs, medical exams, inspection of aircraft, etc.

The Standard Illuminator uses Luxeons selected for brightness. They mostly will be brighter than the Pro Series, but not as pure white perfect beam.

Both will use the new converter where 3 hour continuous run times are not uncommon while maintaining super brightness.

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will you be selling the Pill seperately or do we have to purchase the whole light?

Mark

B@rt

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
lambda said:
... but the glass lens and holster have been standard for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, I have one of the early LI's that came with the stock lens and no holster, and haven't fully re-read your LI page untill this thread... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Toaster

Enlightened

Wheeeeee... just placed an order for the Lambda Illuminator Standard. Can't wait till it shows up on my doorstop. As my first LED flashlight it should set the bar pretty high /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

I purchased one of the newer Lambda Illuminators that Kevin had on his site (billed as the Illuminator-Survival Mode). It has the improved dc/dc convertor and a Q rank luxeon with 6500 color temperature same as the new improved Illuminators (heck may be the exact same - only Kevin knows). Enough with the background and on to ...

... the important part, this light ROCKS!!! This is a really nice light. It is very bright with an excellent beam. Workmanship is excellent as it always is with Kevin's lights. I own several Lambda creations and this one was definitely worth adding to the collection. I strongly recommend these lights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I don't which mine would compare to, Professional or Standard, but I really don't think you can go wrong with either.

Pat

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
lambda said:
I've been forced to reduce my web site to one page.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? There's the entry page, there's pastsales, lambda 1, lambda3, lambda 4... Just wishing the entry page had those 4 links, and whatever other pages are on there, on it. I know some of the pages are old, but they still have interesting pictures and such.