Pre-Order your Surefire UA2 and other new Surefires NOW!

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does lapolicegear.com charge when the item is shipped or do they charge you NOW? Does anyone know?

Last edited:

Wattnot

Enlightened
Wow. Looks nice. Would LOVE to see some beamshots with a focus-able LED. If anyone can do it right, SF can!

And 200 SUREFIRE lumens! Wow! Do they do torch lumen measurements like with their incans or are they emitter lumens?

I like all of the features . . . except . . . no rechargeables? :oops:

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Looks nice. Would LOVE to see some beamshots with a focus-able LED. If anyone can do it right, SF can!

And 200 SUREFIRE lumens! Wow! Do they do torch lumen measurements like with their incans or are they emitter lumens?

It probably takes rechargeables like the U2 does but I don't know for sure. I'm sure someone will chime in and give us the correct info..:thumbsup:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

just use two 3.0v R123s. The way I look at it, if it's a boost only, then a 17670 would do. If it's a buck only, two 3.0v R123s

I think I'm gonna wait for the UB2 though.

edit, I just read about the first hand sighting of how the adjustable beam worked . Sigh.....:shakehead:candle: guess will need to get one when they become available

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
LA POLICE GEAR doesn't have the best reputation on CPF. I've seen multiple threads on the Jeers sub-forum about their customer service.

I think it's a bit odd that they're offering Pre-orders, and other online sites are not. Battery Junction was offering Pre-orders on the E1B. Matt from BJ has a great reputation on CPF. And he gave us a lot of info about the 2008 Shot Show. But he's not offering Pre-orders on the UA2.

I think I'll wait.

Tachikoma

Enlightened
While we wait for the UB2 release I use the UA2 as desktop background just to have it always before my eyes :D

z282z06

Newly Enlightened
I was contempating a pre order myself, but I think I'll sit back and wait. I was going to pick up a second hand u2 but I think i'll wait on that also.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think there is any reason to pre-order. As soon as they are actually going to ship to distributors they will be up on quite a few different sites.

This is the first good luck I've gotten at the new U2 line. Looks like Surefire is back on top of the mountain. This thing has features on top of features! :eek:
I wonder how much more the UB2 is going to be? Hopefully $349 or under. Either way I can't afford it, but to those you can it will be an INCREDIBLE flashlight!

seattlite

Enlightened
I pre-ordered a SF TITAN from LA Police Gear last year and the mofo's sent my pre-order to the bit-bucket. When I called up to ask about the order(I also sent them emails of the order confirmation, etc.) they spent 2 days trying to find out what happened to the order....they finally said that the order was "somehow" cancelled and that I should place another order. WTF, its a limited edition and their own website said it was sold out.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM LA POLICE GEAR!!!!

Phredd

Enlightened
I pre-ordered a SF TITAN from LA Police Gear...the order was "somehow" cancelled

That stinks! I hope you were able to find a TITAN from somewhere else. Otherwise, the T1A will be coming out. I have always had great experiences with OpticsHQ, so I'll order my UA2 from them.

seattlite

Enlightened
That stinks! I hope you were able to find a TITAN from somewhere else. Otherwise, the T1A will be coming out. I have always had great experiences with OpticsHQ, so I'll order my UA2 from them.

AGREED! OpticsHQ will always get my repeat business!!!

It was way too late for me to put my name on OpticsHQ's waiting list for the TITAN.....so no TITAN for me.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
LA POLICE GEAR doesn't have the best reputation on CPF. I've seen multiple threads on the Jeers sub-forum about their customer service.

I think it's a bit odd that they're offering Pre-orders, and other online sites are not. Battery Junction was offering Pre-orders on the E1B. Matt from BJ has a great reputation on CPF. And he gave us a lot of info about the 2008 Shot Show. But he's not offering Pre-orders on the UA2.

I think I'll wait.

Could'nt agree more, Ill do my business with Matt from BJ. I think it's a little shady how they have all these lights up for pre order so soon. They don't even list them as pre order, just an Item. I think Ill wait for Matt to get em in stock cause Im not forking over 279 dollars to wait three months for something that they will maybe get on time.

-Evan

BMF

Enlightened
Will this be in Surefire local store? I'm living and working in the same city Surefire is located, just have to pay tax though.