Any ways to get SF flashligh body or equivalent?

eelnoraa

Newly Enlightened
I have extra SF bezel and tailcap, do you think I can get SF body or anything equivalent, so that I can make use of the bezel and tailcap? And where I can get them?
Thanks for any information and advices!

eel

Size15's

Flashaholic
It is going to be difficult to get a flashlight body from SureFire unless you happen to talk to someone who knows that they have a flashlight body just sitting around waiting for someone to ask for it. You can but ask a few SureFire employees I guess.

I have quite a few spare parts but no spare bodies.

There is a chance you may be able to order a "kit" that allows you to convert your "WeaponLight" into a flashlight. I forget the part off the top of my head but recall SureFire having this option for their Classic WeaponLights... Z15 springs to mind but I don't recall ever having seen one.

Al

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have purchased 3 @ D3 bodies from LPS tactical for $35 @ shipped over the last few months. Two of these arrived last week after LPS finally received their backorder "replacement part" order from SF. I also had extra tailcaps as well as 4 TH's and 2 separately purchased M2 bezels.. Don't forget to buy the two tailcap end O-rings and the one front end O-ring as well. The O-Rings cost either $0.35 @ or $0.70 @.

I understand that SF is very unlikely to sell bodies separately to customers. They apparently parse them out sparingly to large distributors upon request.

http://www.lpstactical.com/index.htm

edit: LPS today advised me that SF has cut them off on all further body shipments. Sorry.

Size15's

Flashaholic
lemlux,

Good to know, Thanks. LPS are great SureFire Dealers with long running close relationship (something about sleeping with the boss's daughter but I have no proof /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could also ask some of our talented modders about a custom body of the size you need. *ahem* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doug:

As you know, I have one of your UBH's and like it enough that another is on order along with your version of the e>C adapter. I also have a 3-cell McLux body I like (but not as much as yours).

The D3 bodies can be extended with A14's and A19s. This is necessary when I drive a P91 or MN16 with 2 @ LRB168B Lithium-Ions or when I drive my N62 with 4 @ CR$123's or my MN60, or MN61 with any workable combination of Li-Ions or CR123's.

eelnoraa

Newly Enlightened
I just calledl LPS, they are not able to get SF body of any kind.
Is there any other way I can get a SF body?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Private b/s/t here on CPF?
eBay?

Perhaps I would rather have a few spares and be able to worry even less about characterizing my SureFires. Perhaps there is something to be said for having a backup?

Al