Was I too quick to buy?

dano101

Enlightened
I just ordered a BOG Q5 drop-in for an RCMP buddies 6P, but im kicking myself a bit now that Surefire has announced their new P61L drop-in.

Should i have waited for the new Surefire drop-in? Or should i just be resolved that (like computer hardware) anything i would have got him would ultimately be eclipsed by a better or brighter model 3 months down the road?

Dano

Scorpionboy

Newly Enlightened
My friend has that drop in for his G3, and it runs amazing, it's very bright and throws quite well(It almost seemed like it outthrew my L1.)

One night I popped it into the G2 I bought my mom for christmas and I'd have to say I was amazed, just as bright, not at all a bad drop in, I would say you shouldn't beat yourself up over it, you got your moneys worth.

Steven

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
You will wait for months for the SF.
You did the right thing as LED tech moves so fast now nobody can keep up. Just enjoy what you got on the way!

optodoofus

Newly Enlightened
The BOG Q5 drop-in is a great product. There will always be someone with a brighter light than you, so there's no sense in regret.

optodoofus

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
No.

I had a BOG Cree premium (150 lumen rating) in my 6P and replaced it with a P60L. The BOG module was too bright for using use at work and on the trail at night. Too much glare is produced.

Latest posts