How do you keep/store your lights, lamps and batts?

pbs357

Enlightened
Ok,

So the collection has been growing over the years and now I'm faced with an organizing issue. How do you guys keep or store all your light gear? Just too much stuff now to leave on the desktop - batteries, lamp assemblies, springs, extenders, tailcaps, bezels, lenses. Not to mention all the other lights themselves! I was using one of my Glock foam lined pistol cases, but now I'd need like 4 more of them! Looking for suggestions so I can stop getting yelled at...

hopkins

Enlightened
hi asdalton
I'm in san jose also and was thinking that the next earthquake could
cause a domino affect to your lights. Maybe resulting in a few
scratches.
hopkins

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last 5.4 earthquake didn't knock any of them over. I figure that if we have a quake big enough to knock over these flashlights, then scratched anodization on a few flashlights will be low on my list of concerns.

z282z06

Newly Enlightened
I keep all mine in a wood tool box. They're in the same box with my blades and such.
lightsandbox002.jpg

lightsandbox003.jpg

newbox005.jpg

newbox006.jpg

dano101

Enlightened
I as well would use a fashionable chest of drawers... like a mechanics toolbox, only wood. For some reason a group of technologically advanced lights look great in something antique looking... only thing is you have to line the drawers.

if you want to display individual lights with accessories (like say an SF M6 with lamps and bulbs and other accessories), try a pelican case out. Each one of my $200+ torches has their own pelican case for light and accessories etc.

iSleep

Newly Enlightened
I keep my lights in strategic places across the house ... e.g : in the toilet hangs a fauxton, on a wall above my bed hangs a 6D Mag, on a cabinet beside my bed sits the T1 and P2D, Under my bed hides a 2C ROP-Hi ...

Batteries are kept in the first-aid kit in my house, all packed up in a 1040 Pelican case ...

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a while I've been using a steel wall-mount cabinet sold at Ikea for $20. It comes in colors, holds quite a few lights (up to about 2D Mag size), and it has a lock.

GreySave

Enlightened
<< in the toilet hangs a fauxton >>

Hmmm. Interesting place to store a light. Any particular reason? :grin2:

GreySave

Enlightened
I use Doskocil 4 Pistol gun cases. I have one for my Wolf-Eyes lights and a second for my SureFires and Inovas. Two are enough as I usually have about 4 lights stored in holsters on the dresser. That way I do not have to disturb the wife by going into the cases each morning.

I use a single pistol case to hold all of my Inova X1s and PAL lights that I use for emergency lighting around the house during power failures. Bulk spare batteries and spare battery cases are stored in an aluminum case to add a little extra safety. All of the cases are located in the same room.

If activated this allows me to quickly either select specific lights for the task or just grab one of the two larger cases (depending upon need) and the battery case and be on my way. The cases really are quite sturdy and their egg crate foam lining holds the lights in place during transport.

There is still enough room in the cases even if I add a few lights this year, which seems likely given the new SureFires and Inovas recently announced.

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
I have lights and lanterns easily available near my bedside and a few other visible locations around the apartment.

I store my remaining lights and batteries in a drawer that is part of my dining room hutch. Nothing fancy. :popcorn:

iSleep

Newly Enlightened
My dad has night-blindness, and he doesn't want to admit that he has it ... So I hung one there in case he forgots to turn on the lights to the bathroom, he can still move around relatively easily with the fauxtons

hopkins

Enlightened
there are lights scattered around the house in all the rooms but I've got
a duffel bag of my best lights which would be the first thing grabbed if
it was bug-out time.

pbs357

Enlightened
Awesome ideas! I'm using the handgun case now for the same "to-go" capability but my Glocks are already double bunking in one case!

I was just thinking about maybe one of those "train cases" for cosmetics or a fishing tackle box?

AyeMayanor

Enlightened
Until a few weeks ago I had been using a small toolbox for my miscellaneous parts, but it filled up pretty fast and wasn't very organized.

toolbox1.jpg

That was then. This is what I have now:

FlashlightBox.jpg

FlashlightOpen.jpg

More pictures here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v128/ayemayanor/Flashlights/
It is a Plano 1362 Tackle Box and I bought it from the Sportsman's Guide.

I added the velcro to the inside of the lid. :twothumbs

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
All over the place for me, I need to sort out a nicer way to store my lights too. I've been thinking about putting up a couple more wooden shelves and dedicating one to flashlights... the current 2 wood shelves I have are dedicated to hobby electronics (components, PIC programmer, soldering iron, etc etc).

Right now I store my lesser used lights in a plastic box. A lot of my nicer lights are sitting on my bedside metal shelf (I need to make a picture of this) next to my alarm clock so that they are in view and easy to select from for EDC and such - all of my fenix lights are on display, my only surefire, and a few oddballs including my tri-luxeon nuwai. Some lights are hanging from small self adhesive hooks on my wall in various places.

I have a very small pouch that used to hold a gameboy colour, which now holds spare CR123A/AA/AAA's and a battery tester for use on the road. The rest of my batteries are stored in a couple of metal tins (not loose ofcourse, I don't want a fireworks display :p). Spare o-rings/lanyards/switch boots/etc are stored in the bottom of an old toolbox.

Stuff is all over the place. My room has a lock to stop curious fiddlers from losing my lights or borrowing them and eating through my 123As like candy! Kind of a requirement when you still live with your brothers.