edit-muffler bearings exist.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.kalecoauto.com/perf.htm
mufflerbearings.jpg

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: high performance auto parts source

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Can I interest you in a can of prop wash or a left handed monkey wrench?

Dan

Banshee

Enlightened

Oh and NEVER run your car with low Headlight fluid...could permanently damage your lights!

Brock

Flashaholic

I like to recycle the air in my tires, so I just rotate the air from tire to tire. Man, blinker fluid is up to $23 a quart here!

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brock,
If you rotate the air in your tires, does that mean you don't have to rotate the tires too? I might have to try that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Pat

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

These two stories wouldn't be funny if they weren't true. I was there for both of then.

One of our lot porters walks into the office and asks if anyone has seen the keys to the gold Gooole. We ask what he's talking about and he says, "You know, the old Pontiac Gooole". We had never heard of a Gooole so one of the guys goes out back to see the car. It turns out the car was a Pontiac 6000 LE. He thought the 6 was a "G", the 0's were o's and included the LE. "Gooole"

Another time a woman said to our finance manager. I want to put $3,000 down and finance it." He said, "You want to put $3,000 down and finance the REST?" She said, "No, I want to finance my $3,000 down payment because I know the Bank likes a good down payment and I don't have any money right now." He is a quick witted fellow so he replies, "I see, then why don't you put $6,000 down and finance it, the bank will love you for that." Completely unfazed by the comment she says, "Okay, I guess I can do that."

Kirk

Enlightened

snakebite,
Those look like regular muffler bearings. I always use the chrome-plated ones for longer life./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Kirk

Brock

Flashaholic

Dave, yes I rotate the tires counter clockwise and the air clockwise, 2 steps, you know so the air from the front left ends up in the tires from the left rear, which is now on the front right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JackBlades

Enlightened

Reminds me of the story of the woman who went to the parts store and asked for a "710" cap.....only after checking under the hood did the clerk realize she was missing the OIL cap.

Wylie

Enlightened

I always liked asking my helpers to go out to the parts bin and get me some bubble water. They would go off on their way and soon come back and ask, just what is bubble water. I would have to tell them, you know it's the water in your level. The best part was some of them would get embarrassed to ask where it was after their second trip out to the bin and they would start asking some of the guys that had been in the field for a while where the bubble water was at. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Some other fine job site tools would be your
1. Electric shovel (one smart a** drilled a hole in the end of a shovel and cut a cord and you know what he did with it)
2. Wire stretcher
3. The PVC reamer
and the list goes on and on.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please pick me up:

<ul type="square"> [*]Some Sky Hooks [*]A Long Weight [*]Some Striped Paint [*]Oh And A Gallon Of Dehydrated Water [/list]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast

ask the salesdroid in a radio shack for ac batteries or something equally silly.
you would be surprised how many will offer to order them for you!