Got a new light today..

jasonp

Newly Enlightened
Got home today and got a new addition to the family. I needed a good back up light to go on my duty belt.I decided on the Fenix L2D RB100 Premium. I've been outside comparing lights for the last hour and I'm pleasantly pleased. I like the build, the brightness on high and turbo and the size is perfect for a belt backup light. I don't like the fact that their reccomendation is not to use it for more than 10 minutes on turbo. The paperwork says it can damage the circuitry, etc. I do allot of tracking that can last for hours. Still it will work fine as a backup light. While it's extremely bright, I can see how the Chinese lights tend to stretch the Lm compared to surefire. It's my first fenix and I think I'll be back for more :)
original.jpg

JP

supes

Enlightened
Beautiful P2000!! Border Patrol gets P2000's in .40 as issue sidearm?

Remember to have spare AAs with you. Oh yeah, nice light too. :p

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You can run the light on turbo for as long as you want, just not when it is as hot as the middle of the desert in midday. The warning is only for high ambient temperatures.

I'm glad you like your light.

jasonp

Newly Enlightened
Beautiful P2000!! Border Patrol gets P2000's in .40 as issue sidearm?

Remember to have spare AAs with you. Oh yeah, nice light too. :p

Yes, we do, nice little pea shooters. I'm a firearms instructor for them as well. You'd be surprised how many instructors are into the light thing too. maybe its in the genes :)

jasonp

Newly Enlightened
You can run the light on turbo for as long as you want, just not when it is as hot as the middle of the desert in midday. The warning is only for high ambient temperatures.

I'm glad you like your light.

Thats good to know. I guess if it gets too hot, I guess I'll just shut it down. I think the 100Lm setting should be fine for tracking anyway. Thanks.

Sir Lightalot

Enlightened
Got home today and got a new addition to the family. I needed a good back up light to go on my duty belt.I decided on the Fenix L2D RB100 Premium. I've been outside comparing lights for the last hour and I'm pleasantly pleased. I like the build, the brightness on high and turbo and the size is perfect for a belt backup light. I don't like the fact that their reccomendation is not to use it for more than 10 minutes on turbo. The paperwork says it can damage the circuitry, etc. I do allot of tracking that can last for hours. Still it will work fine as a backup light. While it's extremely bright, I can see how the Chinese lights tend to stretch the Lm compared to surefire. It's my first fenix and I think I'll be back for more :)
JP
Also make shure your using Nimh or E2 lithium batteries or it might not be as bright and wont run nearly as long. :thumbsup:

jasonp

Newly Enlightened
Nice light, beauty P2000 and a dandy knife. Is that issue? Glad you asked about the heat. Got that one answered.

Pat

Thanks, the sidearm is issue, the knife is just one of my collection (the other vice).

jasonp

Newly Enlightened
By the way, I'd like to throw out a plug for Senor David at the fenix store. Extremely fast shipping! If you read this David, thanks for the CPF discount! I'll be showing this off at work. I'll bet he gets some more BP business soon :)

gary3911

Newly Enlightened
You've done the right thing.

Last year, I got L2Ds for my technicians. The first guy got a Rebel, but then our supplier ran out and all the others got the Q5. For my money (and it was my money) the Rebel has a much nicer light - the Q5 makes you feel like you're on set of a Vampire movie.

I normally use a 6PL, but you've just got to love that L2D. Good quality, 180lumens and 2 AA batts. What's there to complain about?

phosphor

Enlightened
Yup.....good choice. Impressive build quality, nice bright beam, runs on AA's found practically everywhere. Considering the price it's hard to think of a more unobtrusive, handier back-up light for duty work. I hope it serves you well !

- regards