Saddam's Speech

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saddam\'s Speech

Well, anybody up? What did you think? It looked like him and he didn't seem injured like previously reported. He didn't parade any of our Soldiers out or anything like that. Just a whole bunch of bs.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Saddam\'s Speech

Yep, it's a fake-

A better one than the one a few days ago though. It is a composite of at least two tapes- Darn sure not "live" as advertised.

Notice the wrinkled sheet as a background. The wrinkles are different between the camera cuts, even allowing for the different camera angles.

Plus,he didn't say anything that means anything at all, just cheerleading, nothing specific.

The speech the other day was an obvious "double" with an obvious audio dub, leading me to belive that saddam was gone (one way or another). I don't know if this one was a double with better lip-synching skills or the real guy, but since he said nothing that really identified that it was made today, it could be a tape made Thursday or Friday.

In fact, I heard from someone that in the speech saddam said that the war "started today" - I didn't notice that myself, because I kept switching between Fox, CNN and MSNBC trying to get a good translation- all the translators sounded like they were suddenly awakened from sleeping off a drunk.

And another analyst brought up that he mentioned "the heroic 51st Division" when he was rattling off the "great iraqui military heroes"; The 51st surrendered en-masse.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, I thought it was very generic delivered in a dead pan style. Not like someone fighting for survival. I also caught the "war started today" line.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

I rarely watch MSNBC but they have an "Arabic Type" analyst on there now that is superb.

He is tearing this speech apart, and believes that it was made right after President Bush's "declaration speech".

Brotherscrim

Enlightened

I'm thinking Saddam is taking a page from the history of his idol Stalin. Over the course of Stalin's dictatorship, he did his best to alter print and other media's record of the Communist's rise to power, in an effort to marginalize the part Lennin and others played.

I think the strategy he's employing is to try and manipulate the media into portraying the war by his terms.

I don't know if he's using doubles, "stock footage," or what. But I do suspect the US will have a very hard time confirming anything about him, and may very well never know difinatively what his ultimate fate was/will be.

Monsters_Inc

Banned

[ QUOTE ]
Brotherscrim said:
I think the strategy he's employing is to try and manipulate the media into portraying the war by his terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind everything coming out of Iraq from "the other side" is filtered through the Pentagon, so the manipulation works both ways.

Empath

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Onyx said:
Keep in mind everything coming out of Iraq from "the other side" is filtered through the Pentagon, so the manipulation works both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Onyx, before I inform you that you're full of BS, could you reword that so that I'm sure you're saying what I think you're saying? Your clarity is deplorable.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think everyone needs to remember that deception has been a key element to warfare that has been taught for thousands of years, check out some Sun Tzu, Ssu-Ma or Wu Tzu. Mis- and disinformation are great tools of battle, they use it, we use it. It isn't unfair, it's strategy. Let's just hope our Analysts are good at reading their BS!!

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
tsg68 said:
..... Let's just hope our Analysts are good at reading their BS!!
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, I'm on it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Albany Tom

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:

Onyx, before I inform you that you're full of BS, could you reword that so that I'm sure you're saying what I think you're saying? Your clarity is deplorable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I was thinking the same thing.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's been so much deception, especially during wartime, that anything I see on TV or hear on the radio is taken initially with a grain of salt.

That being said, most of the things coming from the Iraqi military is full of BS (that or they wished ignorance was bliss)...

Monsters_Inc

Banned

[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, you still can't get over "that" huh?